The village has a little cookout, costume contest, etc…(Joe’s neighborhood.) I LOVED the pet costume contest!
We went to the zoo Sat night. Pretty cool!
We also saw “Where the Wild Things Are…” For the record, tweens will think it’s boring but this 42 yr old liked it. It’s got an underlying message to it & it makes you think about how much fun it was to be a kid playing & pretending. I did a “study” on this book for a class in college & even did a shadow box for a speech. Maurice Sendak & I go waaayyy back. He won the Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are, 1964.
In a few days, our fun will start in the big city.
Hopefully in a year I’ll be writing that we’re BOTH doing the marathon.
(For the record, Joe got in but took the deferment because I didn’t get in for the 2nd yr in a row. A good thing since I’m still injured!)
This time around we’ll watch the elites finish, check out the Expo, & go about our business of thoroughly taking in the city. I wish I lived close enough to go back for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. One day I’ll plan a trip around the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
2 comments:
Those Singer kids scary? Doubtful....they are the sweetest ever!!! (Or at least Jessica was when I met her!)
Have a fun Halloween Anniversary in NYC girl (and JOE!!). Hard to believe...just 365 days ago I was nudging Joe to "hey, email her on FB" ha ha. Congrats!!
Kiss and hug NYC hello for me!!!
You will get back to NYC next year and run a tough 26.2 I just know it!!
Jessica & Joey's costume were cute!!
Post a Comment