Thursday, February 20, 2014

blogging break over...I think....?

The blogging break is over...and so is my plantar fascittis for the most part.
Let's just say that it's hard for me to complain about it since I ran an 18 miler on it two weeks ago at an 8:57 pace & I did a hilly 15k Hot Chocolate race on it this past weekend.
The only pain is if I sit too long or when I get up first thing in the morning.  Within minutes of stretching, I'm fine. ;-)

As for my next marathon...who knows at this time but I am signed up at the "cheap rate" for the Carmel full & about 100 peeps are going from the running club.  It should be a fun trip & we'll be seeing our friends, the Heusers, who now live in Noblesville, 20 minutes away.  It's a no brainer that we go back again......3rd yr in a row!
I'm going to attempt 20 miles this weekend & see how it goes....
I'm up to 35 miles a week & loving every step of it.  I have to say that aqua jogging 3x a week along with other cross training for that 4-6 week period really helped me keep some fitness.  I spent the month of Dec trying to get back what I lost & I think I'm almost there. 

My runs have been "conservative" & usually only 3 or 4 runs a week.
Long run:....starting slow & bringing it down as I go....
Long tempo run.......usually 8-10 miles....I hit an 8:19 pace on the hills of Nolensville last night on a 10+ miler.  I was happy with that.  My Wed afternoon tempo run dudes have been pulling me along quite nicely. 
Shorter steadier marathon paced run....around 8:55-ish & usually 6-7 miles.
And sometimes I'll run a very slow run around a 9:30-ish pace...maybe 4 to 4.5 miles

What I've done since early Nov.........

Walked/Ran the half in Indy with friends...didn't want to lose my $
Cancelled our California trip to run the CIM....lost my race fees  ;-(
Ran a 4 mile race in Michigan the Saturday after Thanksgiving & got 2nd in my age group.
Ran the Hot Chocolate 15k in 1:17.......that b*tch was hilly!
Ran Nola  1/2 in some hot, humid conditions a few weeks ago.  1:55 in steamy, foggy conditions!

What am I going to do....

I'm going to run the Tom King 1/2 & I'll likely tuck in behind our running clubs 1:45 peeps & try to hang on as long as I can....
If this weekends 20 goes well, I'll be doing another "slower" 20 the following weekend, then Tom King the next.............then a 22 miler........yeah, I know it sounds like I'm training for a marathon but I'm still leaving the door open to NOT do it, also.  I don't need a 3rd sub 4 hour full.  I need my 3rd attempt to be sub 3:55. 

Joe is gearing up (after a short lay off on running due to injury) for Boston.  He's in it to run it for fun & enjoy the moment.  We have Sox vs Yankees tickets the day after the marathon.  I can't wait!

No comments: