The benefit got planned pretty much inside of a month. All things considering...the state of the economy, the time of year, etc... We did good! I was all to happy to do what little I did do. I volunteered Fara & Joe, of course. :-) Last total that I heard on monday was around $11,000 in the fund right now. Ya know some people really have it to give, some people don't but give anyway, & others just ignore your emails & text messages. (I won't hold a grudge.) I'm sure there were a few of my "friends" who thought I was being a pest but I didn't give a hairy rats butt. For those locals who had parties, funerals, work, sickness, I totally understood. We had a great time at the auction (that was 3 hrs long!) & the blood/bone marrow drive went well. Like I said, all things considering, it was well done & I'd do it all over again. We may not have had the turn out we had originally hoped but there was a lot of love, prayers, & hope there. Samantha's grandma sent out an email thanking us & in it she mentioned that Sam said that she hoped she could repay the favor one day. :-)
Coworker Katrina wrapping gifts for donations. She used to work with Sam's grandma (Bobby's mom). She worked really hard on getting donations for the auction.
Brian (BB), another coworker of mine who does A LOT of auctions but this one he worked for free, of course. :-) He's good at running his mouth & keeping us entertained at work. (See Halloween posts for his wild costumes!)
Quilt that Sam's great grandma made.
Coffee County Mayor was Brian's assistant. These folks worked feverishly to get this together. Santa will certainly reward them all.
On my home front, the same as usual for me....spinning at the rec ctr, weights at harvey's gym, football games at LP Field, Christmas shopping (mostly online!), & work. We were told today that we will get 1/2 our pay cut back in Jan & $200 gift cards for Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised. The auto industry is slowly climbing out of the gutter for us or so it seems. (Thanks to the Germans!)
We were blessed to be awarded a VW contract earlier in the year & now BMW is looking at us. Go Sales & Marketing team! Go M-Tek, Inc.! I know that one day I won't be working there but I'm pretty damn proud to be a part of the team right now. :-)
I'm counting down the days/hours till our flight arrives in San Antonio. We will be going to a Spurs game on the 23rd, a Christmas service on the 24th, hanging at house on the 25th, the Riverwalk on the 26th, & then back here on the 27th.
Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
Merry Christmas All!!!
Nice blog entry, Lisa. I know it's a good feeling to volunteer your help for a benefit, and it looks like a great turn-out! Also, VERY happy about your pay-cut being "un-cut" and all that. Wonderful news indeed!
Merry Christmas!!
Oh, I wish I could've been there. I would have done anything to register for the bone marrow drive. However, I was at this horrid race in AL. Darn it. Will they have another event? IF so, I want to help....!!!
Congrats on the increase in $$ - and enjoy the holiday with the man and the sis and kids.
I was so sad that we were unable to attend but was glad to see the $$ raised. A big round of applause for all involved. And many, many prayers for Sam!
Post a Comment