Sunday, June 6, 2010

June: bring it on...

As usual when I take a few days off from work, I tend to lose weight.
Call it staying busy, call it forgetting to eat, call it more time for activities, less time to sit behind a desk… My weight supposedly went down about 3-4 lbs. Anyway, I'm back at work & I feel less hungry. Guess my stomach shrunk. It’s a good thing since its bathing suit weather, ya know… Got a new patriotic bathing suit for less than $20! I spent about 4 hrs at the Kensington beach area with the cousins & got plenty of sun. I sit here typing this & I notice how dark my hands/arms are…I generally tan well even if I’m fair skinned in the winter. So, summer has officially arrived for me. Drive Ins, beach, new bathing suit, & plans for July 4th in the making. (White water rafting & a canoe trip!)

My new read is by Laura Bush, “Spoken from the Heart”. I’m only about 100 pgs into it & I already love the book. She’s always struck me as a classy woman with a lot of spunk. I find myself craving the spicy foods of West Texas as I read about what her family grew & ate when she was a little girl. Fascinating woman... I got a great deal on the book at the ½ price bookstore in Clarkston, MI during my play time with Patti. VERY cool store! Got the kids some books too.

The cousins & I saw "SATC 2". I can honestly say it wasn’t as good as the first movie & obviously not as entertaining as the tv show but I’m a fan. There was no way that I was not going to see it opening weekend. We had a lovely time at the Great Lakes Crossing mall. I got a new pr of jeans & tons of new tops at “American Eagle” for little of nothing. Seriously, I spent less than $45 on jeans & about 5-6 tops. Unfortunately, the jeans are too big for me. I need to learn that when it says skinny/stretch to go down a size. Arg! I also need to realize that the khaki shorts I wore in MI do nothing for my lower half. They were literally hanging off me at the baseball game. Note to self, try on summer clothes before you pack them for a trip. Now I need to find my belts in order to wear this stuff!

We all went to the Tigers game Memorial Day. Even with a 2+ hr rain delay, we had fun. Comerica park is pretty dang cool with it’s ferris wheel & merry go round inside the park. When the Tigers scored the tigers on top of the score board had glowing eyes & they roared. It’s too bad that Galarraga didn’t get his “perfect game”. In everyone’s hearts he has it. That was the game AFTER the one we saw this past week. I think he'll be remembered even more so just because of the controversy.  I'm not a huge baseball fan but Joe is so I got him an early Father's day present (Tiger's jersey). (just another jersey to add to our closet of Titans & Preds)

I actually found time to work out in the gym twice & ran with Joe once on a trail near his parent’s house. (just 3.15 miles but it was very nice, shaded, & cool.)  We had some great bbq the last night there & headed home in time for me to get ready for my short 3 day week. Ahh, glad we went but glad to be home!  About 24 days till my next vacation…looking forward to some time in the water, in a lawn chair, & with great friends & family. (and yes, Susan is about 7 months along with Estella Grace. Time is flying & I'll have another 2nd cousin soon!)

Quillen car at soapbox derby on june 5th. Still don't know the outcome but it's always fun to watch it. We ran/walked there, (I did pilates), then ran/walked back in the heat for roughly 5.5 miles. ITB wasn't too happy but oh well...
And last but not least, congrats to Paul S. on his age group placement two weekends in a row. His Mach Tenn age group award was a surprise I'm sure. What a difference a year makes for him!

No comments: