The plan was for 20 miles, practice holding back on the front end, & practice fueling. It went well but it could've been better. All the hills were in the first 13 miles or so. I had company for about 14 of it thanks to Traci B.
My pace was an 8:56 for 20.2 miles. My fastest training run at that distance even though I had a flat 22 miler before New Orleans last year at an 8;58 pace.
This weekend I'm doing another 20 but slowing it down to around a 9:20-ish pace. The Tom King 1/2 is the week after & I would like to "race" it if I at all possible.
The week after Tom King I hope to do 22 miles as close to race pace as possible.
I really need to put hills in the last 4-5 miles though.
Well, maybe I am training for a full after all. I hit 40 miles this week & look to hit another 40 this week. I refuse to run more than that, though. My body just doesn't respond as well.
I have to say mid-week long runs is where it's at! Love my fast Wednesday running club friends! My mid week run is really making my long run seem easy.
Maybe I finally found my "sweet spot" with marathon training. 😉
No comments:
Post a Comment