In January I started taking note of the thigh area. I've never had small thighs to begin with & even in High School they were probably the biggest part of my body. All this spinning has done something to blow them up. Yes, I'm blaming spinning, plus the 5 lbs from the holidays that I can't seem to shake off right now COMPLETELY. Yes, my weight goes up & down by a few lbs from week to week but right now, I am having a hard time getting my thighs into my size 6 pants. They fit into the 8s but the waist in most of my 8s are a little big. (A LOT BIG Before the holidays!) Frankly, I'm way too short to be wearing a size 8 in anything. Yes, size is all relative & all this is trivial but it's making me want to buy new pants.
What to do?
1. I'm going to buy a Pilates video this weekend. My core & me love it!
2. I'm also going to cut down on the spinning some, maybe use a little less tension in class, too. (After all, I do have a stubborn stress fracture.)
3. I also need to be more aware of what I'm eating. Yes, I keep a food log & it does help. I don't keep a lot of sweets around at the house or in my desk at work. I do need to eat more protein. My body craves it really bad right after spin class. I zip home as fast as I can to make a peanut butter n' jelly sandwich for dinner almost every night I spin! (My jar isn't contaminated or I would have been dead a month ago.)
4. I need to get back in the pool for more aqua jogging for sure.
I can't really think of anything else to do because too much elliptical & too much walking aggravates the shin. Oh well, move over Travis Henry & Mary Lou Retton, Lisa's coming through to crush you with her thighs. :P
Yesterday, I got my early 1 hr spin in & in the afternoon, I hit the weights & a slow 30 min walk at Harveys. I got a sample of a protein smoothie while working out on the floor. It was yummy!
Terri approached me & told me how much she hurt on Sunday in her sides from "Carlates". I told her I had hurt, too. So, eventually we want to take Carla out on a long ride & make her stay with us (revenge!). She's barely been on her new bike so this will be fun. ha!
3 comments:
Oh, I hear you....I wish I could get surgery on my thighs. I read in the Oxygen magazine that in order to get rid of the thighs, we have to eat clean, do lots of lunges and squats w/o any weights...and no resistance on the bike...blah. No fun.
If it makes you feel any better I am up 16# since 2004...ugh...depressing. That's what love will do to you...right to the thighs.
I'm up 5 lbs because of holiday eating & no running.
As Tina Turner would say, "What's love got to do with it?" :P
"crush you with her thighs" - LOL!!
Post a Comment