Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My less than 100% soapbox

My usual Tuesday workout was a bust. Monday after spin class, I noticed some tightness/soreness in my neck. EARLY Monday morning, I woke up feeling like a sinus infection was coming on…sure enough, I was right. This is 2 sinus infections in just over 2 months. Oh well, life goes on…I didn’t do squat on my normally HIGH cardio Tuesday. Today, I’m off to Harvey’s for some weights & the elliptical machine. I feel ok today, not great but ok. Whether I make it to spin in the early morning, who knows…I know I’ll set the alarm.

Ummm, I’ve been trying to avoid making comments on all the hoopla regarding Michael Phelps, Alex Rodriquez, & Chris Brown. I’ve got a few short comments to say here.

*They are all three adults in the public eye.
*Lots of children look up to them.

*All three of them have brains, where was their good judgment?
*Breaking records, having a hit record, making lots of money, & winning Gold medals doesn’t set you above the law whether it’s hitting women, smoking an illegal substance or doping to be better than you think you can be…just sad.

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Absolutely - sad!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jill Ann said...

Amen...sister!

I hope your nose gets better real soon. Maybe someone at ASAP could doctor you up...have you tried calling them??