I did my usual Thursday stuff, but I did get my yard mowed & boy did the allergies flare up quickly. Friday I did nothing but the physical therapy on the shin. I believe next friday's session will be the last for me. That's just 30 mins of my time & $10.00 of my money that I can do something else with, ya know. It's time to self heal now & move on to more important things. So much has happened but I'm sure not putting every detail of my life here that's for sure. :) The good, the bad, the ugly. Life is just so uncertain right now for ALL of us. Staying positive is a must right now. I talk to my relatives in Michigan, my sister in Texas, friends scattered everywhere...we're all going through the same things to different degrees. All I'm going to say is thank God for Volkswagon & leave it at that. The next few months will be like hanging on a surf board riding a big wave hoping for a safe landing on the beach. One thing's for sure, I have so much to be grateful for that I have no right to gripe about anything so I won't. Just crossing my fingers that promises made are promises kept. :)
Glad to know Paul S. & Chad are back from Hawaii safe & sound. They both ran the 10k at the Rec Ctr this morning jet-lagged. Jessie, Paul's gf, did it too. They are all training for their first CMM 1/2.
Fara, who I used to run with back in '04 has been training her little booty off for her first CMM 1/2. She did 13.1 miles this past week around Manchester in 1:51. When I'm COMPLETELY healed (in supposedly 9 weeks), I hope to run with her some again. She runs the base trails too so here we go again....thank GOD. T.Q. skipped the 10k this morning. How do I know?? I almost ran over him on Ovoca Rd when I was heading to Harvey's. ha!
So, this rambling brings me to this morning. Since it was in the upper 30's when I left the house, I opted for the deathmill. I walked/jogged 3.5 miles flat in 45 mins. I kept it slow & concentrated on my stride. As the rehab schedule said, "Jog lightly". I did the 45 min pilates class, & crunches. I'm off to get a haircut, then plant the tiny Christmas tree that's been in my living room since before Christmas, & head to Nashville. I'm taking my bike so maybe I'll get a chance to get on it tomorrow afternoon in the village. I'm also taking my running stuff & running in the village. The village may get to know me very well.
Hope everyone is enjoying the first full day of Spring. :)
1 comment:
I know what you mean about being thankful. I try and look for the positive lessons in this, teaching us to cut back, only buy food and other items on sale, and just being humbled.
Post a Comment