Gym:
The decision has been made.
As soon as Harvey’s deactivates me, I’m heading back to the gym I used to go before Harvey’s opened, D W Wilson community Center. My buddy, Ted, said that if he’s there I’m in free. Shhhh, keep that to yourself! They received the weight machines from Top Rehab & I know that they do have two newer treadmills there. Let’s face it, most of the time I’m using the gym for just weights anyway. I’ll still squeeze in Carla’s pilates class when I’m in town, of course. Anyway, this will hopefully spur me out of the bed to run at 5am more often & maybe get me out on my bike more.
Running:
Longest run lately: a run/walk of around 5.7 miles (mostly running). Whether the IT Band/hip wants me to or not, my goal is to be running 6.5-7 miles by the end of August. The Relay will be here before you know it!!
Bike:
Took it out for 20.4 miles early last Sat morning & finished with an overall speed of 16.5 mph. It was overcast with a little mist when I started. When I was loading the bike the sun & heat broke through. I was glad to be finished. The hip gave me fits that night when I was trying to sleep but I felt GREAT on the bike while out. Go figure?!
Books:
Not reading a thing right now but I’m looking forward to starting Drew Bree’s new book.
Tour de France:
I’ve watched some of it & what I’ve seen has involved mostly Andy Schleck.
I’m a fan of the Schleck brothers, even though I do like Levi & LOVE Lance.
I usually know who won by the time I see it, I always end up screaming when they head to the finish line anyway. I’d give my right arm to see it in person one day.
Baseball:
We’re heading to Atlanta this weekend for the Brewers game & to explore. Sad to admit but neither one of us has ever really explored downtown Atlanta. I’ve always driven around/past it to head to Florida. We have great seats & plan to do some little tours down there. If we have time, we may stop in Helena, GA on the way back.
Football:
Wow, still reeling over Bobby Johnson’s abrupt retirement.
College football will be interesting to watch around here this fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment