The hardest part of this thing has been finding the runners & every runner staying healthy, seriously. We started out with 12 runners…2 unconfirmed that eventually backed out. They were filled easily with 2 runners that work where I work…Then the Captain’s husband’s knees weren’t cooperating. He was out.
Jill filled his spot. Then Paul, in Van 1, found out he had to be on the other side of the country for work the week of the relay….Jill moved to our van & Pam’s daughter got Jill’s old “legs”. Then Sonia, (our van provider) got a stress fracture (or two). It’s been musical chairs with the “legs” & vans. Ha! Now Jill is driving us in her SUV & we’re making up the 3 empty legs. (we’re bad ass!)
Anyway, I’m going to create a wordpress blog & write the race report there.
I’ll eventually more or less close down blogspot for that one. I do want everyone to have access to the race report because I learned a lot from reading the reports online from other Ragnar relays. (Learned more than I did from reading the race bible that’s for sure)
It’s going to dip into the high 20’s overnight Friday night.
I would prefer it only dip to the 40’s but you can’t dial up your weather.
It’s not like I’ve never ran in temps like this before…but dang my REALLY cold weather gear looks so old & shabby. (Santa, are you listening?)
I can tell I’ve not worn the stuff in quite some time but truth be known, I’ve never had to wear much COLD weather stuff anyway.
Generally, I wouldn’t even bother with tights with high 20’s but my body isn’t adjusted yet….still thinking on that. As long as my core & hands are warm, I’m usually ok.
During the day, we have perfect weather predictions so far, with highs reaching in the low-mid 50’s. That’s shorts, singlet weather for me…or I may just wear the vest over my sports bra. I ran this morning 6.27 miles….mostly flat with some short rolling hills. 9:17 pace but that’s with me stopping for about 20-30 seconds to tie a shoe lace that had a knot in it. It was 49 degrees & I was sweating off the top of my head. Sports bra, reflective vest with light around my waist, shorts, compression socks. That was plenty of clothing for me at 49 degrees…we’ll see….The main thing is to bundle up when I finish because my body heat plummets quickly.
I’m planning on sleeping in the next two mornings. When I say sleeping in…a whole hour later with the alarm going off at 5:40ish. Ha!
I’m stretching the crap out of my body the next few days, also.
No comments:
Post a Comment