Saturday, November 27, 2010

post Thanksgiving....

The Bolt results confused me a bit but I think I'll go with my garmin results...eh, it's just a five mile race...And it really amped up a low lying pain in my left UPPER shin right under my left knee. (NOT the formerly cracked right one)  Since I started back running in what? May? The left side of my body hasn't wanted to cooperate. I may have been overly cautious about the right shin early on?  Who knows?  All I know is that after Dec 5th, there won't be anymore running for me for a while. I'll be back in the saddle on my trainer doing spinervals & TONS of yoga. The left baby toe is getting flattened Dec 27th & that will mean no running for 2-3 weeks anyway. I'm going to see if Dr. Bell will X-ray the left knee/shin area but if he can't, I'll be calling Dr. H or Dr. J to get it X rayed. We get back from Vegas early on the 7th so maybe someone can squeeze me in...ugh!  I hate to be forced to stop for a while but I guess it's time to regroup. (NYC marathon training is still far off, thank God!)

And what about that Cortland Finnegan on Thurs coming at The Bolt to support a child who normally runs but is battling cancer?  You don't hear that kind of thing on the news, just the stupid stuff. Just love "Scrappy".  :-) 

I have a handful of gifts to buy/send so I'm almost done with the buying. We avoided Black Friday morning like the plague but did hit up the 'boro in the afternoon. 

Friday (yesterday):  Did 1 hr worth of yoga & it felt good!!
Today: Nothing....we're taking the kids to a movie & heading to the 'homa for a work Christmas party
Tomorrow: spinervals & yoga

Not sure what I'll do beyond that next week...but I do know I need to check the Vegas weather & decide what to pack. Can't wait to get there & many, many thanks to those who're coming, have given us gifts, & have wished us well. It's going to be a fun time & 2011 will be the year for major changes. (I know we've had a lot of irons in the fire lately!!)

Happy post Thankgiving-Black Friday

No comments: