The more research I do the more I’m thinking that I strained a tendon and/or jacked up my left knee a wee bit. It could very well be runner's knee that I have right now. This doesn’t feel too much like the stress fracture because it took me about 6 months to even realize I had a stress fracture. (the fracture never hurt!) This actually has some discomfort to it. I’m going to see Dr. H. on Dec 13th. I’ll be ok during the 1/2 marathon Dec 5th even if I have to walk/jog it. I’ve trained too well not to be ok. I’ve had some really decent runs & up until last week, had no real issues. I’ve NOT over-trained that’s for sure but something is causing some little issue. So, no running at all this week & I’ve told myself to walk/jog the fun run 1 miler with Hannah, Jeff, & Alexa Saturday morning (Great Santa Race). There’s no law I have to run that 5k, especially in a Santa suit. LOL! As for the Vegas ½, with that pit stop to get married at mile 3 we knew we weren’t going to be racing anyway. So, if I have to walk, I’ll obviously walk, no big deal…get to the finish, get the medal, & go have fun. We’ve got some really cool things to do on our agenda & it isn’t all about gambling & drinking either. I could care less about free alcohol & losing $. I’m cheap & I’ve never been that big on alcohol. Heck, I’d rather save the calories for a good meal. :-)
Sun: 1 hr spinerval dvd
Mon: 30 mins with Jillian Michael’s yoga & 30 mins light spinning in front of the news
Tues: weight machines & ab work at the gym
Wed: 30 mins of good ole Jillian Michael’s yoga & 30 mins Jillian Michael's ab workout (it was not easy!)
(Love the yoga so much that I ordered her Abs DVD!)
Thurs: no time for anything
Fri: We fly!
As for the rest of the month, my head is spinning. I've spent a lot of time thinking about how to get everything done. I’ve had some unexpected “appointments” that I pray turn into something GOOD! Who knows...
Go USA! Hoping they say Nashville will be a future venue today for the World Cup.
1 comment:
I hope your knee/shin is ok!! Make sure you are taking Glucosamine & a real good fish oil too for your knee.... I know you do strength training..... Sorry to hear abt this injury.... I know you, you will be on your A-game in know time at all!! Hugs, Curls
Post a Comment