1) I ran with the heart rate monitor for the first time today....man, I could tell I'm not 100%.
I started in zone 1, which was basically a fast walk per my heart rate, moved it to 2, not too much better, then moved it to zone 3. This was all during the 1st mile of a hilly 5 mile run. LOL! I stayed in zone 3 & made myself take walk breaks. 5 miles at an 11:58 pace (laugh with me!)
I had to remind myself that P90X Cardio had been way more difficult than it normally is for me the previous day. Anyway, this will teach me to slow down & do recovery runs a whole lot more. I kept telling myself all that had gone on the last few months & made myself accept it. My body is just tired right now & it's "recovery" time.
2) The shuffle is working. Don't know what we did differently, but it's working & I've got a ton of songs on it now. No need to head to the Apple store! Whoo Hoo!
3) As for the yurbuds that I bought at the Expo when I did the Nashville Women's 1/2 marathon, they sorta sucked. My ears were measured by the sales person but apparently, I'm not putting the dang things in correctly or they're the wrong size. In the past, I've worn the over the ear buds & had no problems. Guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I was off today but heading back for about 5-6 hours tomorrow & 4 on friday.
We are spending New Years Eve in Murfreesboro with the Heusers. Can't wait! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment