Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Maintenance"

Plantar fasciitis requires a lot of maintenance. It can come back if you don't "fix" your issues….like tight ham strings, tight calves, etc… So far I'm keeping it away enough that I can run with the stretching, icing, & rolling. This morning I got out for 5 miles. It felt great but it also felt like "tempo". It was an 8:42 pace. At this point in the training, I had hoped to have my "tempo" pace on these short runs closer to an 8 minute pace if not lower. One of the reasons, that I will not be running the full marathon in Indianapolis. With all the worried Boston Qualifiers who are "squeakers" (qualfied by less than 5 minutes) I definitely want my next marathon time closer to 3:50 than a 3:55.  I know I can do that because I took my 4:12 down to a 3:56 within four to five months.  ...."positive thoughts".... 

I feel confident enough that I should be able to do 14 miles this Saturday. We're heading to Shelby park & afterwards I'm cheering on some peeps who are running the "Women's half". That hilly downtown course is a beast & if I never do that half again that's fine with me but I'm all about cheering. At least two are from the "Couch to 5k" group from the club!

No comments: