Monday, March 2, 2009

Catching Up, again...

Picking up with Thursday, I did the early spin (only Kim, the instructor & I showed up!) & late spin that day before heading to Nashville. I had two doctor’s appts on Friday. The first was with Dr. Johnson, who is off Charlotte & 24th. He came bouncing in literally. High energy to say the least! I had been reading some framed articles & looking at some awards on his walls. Apparently, he’s a swimming nut. He attended the Athens & Beijing Olympics as one of many doctors who supported the swim team. So, in my mind the hands that have possibly touched Jason Lezak (relay anchor that kicked some French butt) and/or Michael Phelps has touched my shin. :P

The only thing that I found out different was that I have a small fracture on the back of my shin also, not just the front. Dr. Johnson wondered out loud to me why Dr. Stevens had not ordered a bone density test & MRI since this injury was diagnosed way back in June ’08. So, Mar 13th I’m heading back for those tests. In the meantime, he gave me an aircast. Now don't get jealous, ok. I'm adding this to my VERY long list of running injury gadgets. I wore it Sunday & I had it on today but there’s no way I can wear this thing every single day. He didn’t say NOT to do anything as far as exercise. He told me that I obviously already know what aggravates it. Truth be known I REALLY need to spend more time in the pool aqua jogging. On a positive note, I’m down another pound according to the Urban Active gym scale. The other appt on friday was for a physical. I haven’t heard anything but my blood pressure is 110/70 like it usually is… When I told her about my shin she also said, "Why didn't your doc schedule an MRI & bone density test?" I said, "Uhhh, I've changed doctors!"

So, Friday I didn’t work out at all. Saturday, we headed to the gym. I walked just over an hour, did some leg weights, & crunches. Saturday night was the Red WingsPredators game & boy was it a blow out! See disappointed Red Wing fan below. Ha!Bless his heart, I guess I need to get another Valentine’s day present to make up for this one. He likes the Preds but since he’s a Michigander, he loves the Wings. I knew in my gut something fantastic was going to happen when he made the statement earlier in the day, “When the Preds score 5 goals, you get a free frosty, but don’t expect that against the Wings.” Famous last words! FIVE goals in the first 10 minutes of the 1st period! When Hannah, Jeff, & Jeff’s son (Austin) showed up for Mexican down town, I almost choked from laughter. Hannah had a sign around her neck that said something like, “Death before I’m a Red Wing fan!” Jeff & Austin were in Red Wing jerseys. She planned to sit between them. I think we all had a few too many margaritas because I buzzed all the way through the 1st period of that game. Everytime they scored I got up & acted as if I was at a Titans game. :P Final score Preds 8 Red Wings ZERO! "Cat in the Hat" is clearing the ice. :P

Sunday, I did my ab workout dvd. It was ok but I really needed to be in workout clothes. Doing ab workouts in pajamas is not a smart thing. I felt like I was working my arms more than anything. We did get out yesterday for a movie at the Belcourt theater. We saw “Two Lovers” with Gwyneth Paltrow & Joaquin Phoenix. It was ok… pretty intense actually. Every time I see him he reminds me of how brilliant he was as Johnny Cash in “Walk the Line”.

Nashville only got a light dusting of snow. Apparently, all of it fell in the southeast. As I was driving in this morning, it was weird. Hardly anything north of Murfreesboro but thicker & thicker as I got close to Manchester… Ahh, and my week is off to a busy start… I got caught up on my Friday work, went to the Rec Ctr & did my usual Monday work out (Abs & spin class). March is in like a Lion...but NOT a Detroit Lion, apparently. :P

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Hopefully this DR will send you on your way to healing. I know what you mean about not being able to wear your cast every day. I have a sprained ankle and there is just no way I can wear my brace every day!

Jill Ann said...

Oh, I am so happy to read that you changed Doctors...and went to my buddy Dr. Johnson! He can tell you how Joe is the 2nd most injected patient of his next to George Allen (nashvillian). Tell him I said "Hi" and to take good, good care of you!!

I am also in mourning over the Wings with your Joe. Uhg.. Sounds like it was a fun time though.

And the Two Lovers movie got a great indie review...the "intense" part means I will need to get down there and see it.

PS Your air cast is so sexy...I want one. he he