Monday, March 16, 2009

Scar Tissue Massage Session One

Turns out I got an appt today & they evaluated me (without the X-rays or MRI results, of course!) Top Rehab, Terri's former employer, is doing the physical therapy. I have two more sessions planned after this one & I've already informed them that was it. The woman who worked on me was good, don't get me wrong. It was as if she was molding my shin back to a normal shape. I do have some big time stubborn, scar tissue there. My right calf was tight from the 5k but I sure as heck didn't mention that to her since I had to quote from memory the "start slowly back routine" that I have on paper from the doc. Week 1: Walk 15 mins, picking up the pace comfortably, etc... I did that during the 5k, didn't I? ha! Gesh, I've been doing week one off & on for months. So, it's going to take patience from myself to massage my own shin (Joe, you're helping, please... :P).

I got up for a quick 30+ min pool running stint this morning before heading to work early. After my PT session, I did the 45 min spin class this afternoon. I feel rejuvenated for some reason. Like I want to bounce off walls & I don't know why......it's the light at the end of the tunnel...the light that I'll soon be running to.....

Oh yeah, not to mention Joe booked a June Disney trip for us (him, the kids, & me). I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been since 1998. He's such the sweetie & so generous. :)

2 comments:

JoeinNashville said...

Of course I'll help you get that shin back into shape. Just need to stay disciplined with the rehab and not try to do too much too soon. I know - easier said then done. This coming from the guy with a bum shoulder and knees from doing 'too much too soon' and on a treadmill to boot.

Jill Ann said...

Looking forward the pink shorts comeback 2009. Hopefully I can keep informed of that date on here...so you don't totally give me a whipping...