Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What to write?!

Well, there's nothing real new going on with me but I'll babble about a few things anyway...

Sunday: Rest (the most exercise I got on Sunday was hanging upside down on the monkey bars in the playground)
Monday: The usual (45 min spin class & some ab work) the abs aren't looking too bad these days I might add. :)
Tuesday: 1 hr spin class at 5:30am (I can never tell if it's Leslie wearing us out or I'm still tired from Kim's Monday evening class, probably both!) I stopped at UTSI after work & got my bike out of the civic. I rode a solid hour over to the Mach Tenn Tri area & out to the main road that goes through the base & back. It's rolling hills & I needed to practice changing gears on them. I worked up a good little sweat. The deer were everywhere! I saw one cyclist & he wanted to know where I was going. I told him I was just messing around out there with my gears. He had "Bonjour" on his backside.

Tomorrow I'm sleeping in & in the afternoon, I'm heading to Harvey's for weights, ab work, & stretching only. No walking this week for me. Cousin Pam & I are walking/jogging the Tom King 5k on Sat. She's never done it & I pray she doesn't catch her son's flu like symptoms before then. We'll be in & out of there really quick. (Not going upstairs for the brunch) It's just like me to go see the doc for tests on friday & then do the 5k on Saturday! ha! Oh well...I'm hoping for a good bone density test & MRI on friday so everyone cross your fingers.

I’m about 30 pages or so from finishing “Again to Carthage”. I really like it. Some chapters that deal with Cassidy fishing didn’t interest me but I guess it made his character seem more well rounded. Runners of his caliber don’t just run all the time; they do other things much like the rest of us. Honestly, I believe they need to combine both “Once A Runner” & “Again to Carthage” to make one movie. I’d pay to see it. I just can’t imagine who would play him. He’s tall with reddish hair. Ummmm…

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

I saw Dr. J this weekend at the SE expo. We chatted about you...so, I have put in my good words and will send up good thoughts tonight for Friday. Let me know how it all goes...and remind him that we're buddies. He can tell you all the wonder Joe "I broke my elvis pelvis" stories. Love Dr. J!!

May see you at TK this weekend... hope the race is fun for you and Pam. Pray for NO RAIN!!