Friday: I did nothing...unless you count dancing to "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" around the house. :P
Saturday: I did a walk/jog thing in the woods on base for 5 miles with Terri J., pilates class, & about 40 mins on the elliptical.
Sunday: 1 hr elliptical & crunches
Today: 24.24 miles out to UTSI & back on Estill Springs Rd...it wasn't planned that way...I had intended to do somewhere between 25-30 but ran out of time. Yeah, I know I did 15.15 last Wednesday but that's just what the garmin said when I shut it off before jumping off the bike. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get on the BIG ring. Getting off it is a breeze but getting the chain back on it is impossible for me. I drop it everytime. Friday evening, I had the bike on the trainer & I practiced. Terri tried it too. She thinks I need to take it back to the shop & make them show me how to do it. I just might do that but oh what a pain in the a$$. I just want to ride the dang thing. I will tell you one thing, though...starting out in the big ring flat allows me to fly like a bat out of hell.
Sat night we went to the Drive-In (of course) & saw "The Proposal". It was ok. I'd rent it if you feel the need to see it. I like Sandra Bullock but she's done better stuff. Terri went with us & we sat in our lawn chairs. Doesn't that sound like such a "hometown" thing to do? ha!
Sunday, we had a little cook out in Lynchburg at Elaine's cabin. We floated in her pool for a couple of hours. It was nice just being lazy but the sun sort of drained my energy. It was all I could do to get my butt to the gym later that evening.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
I'm outta here in a few hours & on a plane tomorrow with Joe & the kids for the Lake Orion/Waterford/Clarkston/Frankenmuth areas of Michigan. Yee Haa! Happy 4th of July!
2 comments:
I think the issue with the big ring is that you need to make sure your small (back) ring is midway from top and bottom...then try putting the left control to the big ring. The derailleur (sp) has a hard time moving really far...so better to get it closer lined up if you know what I mean??
Anyway, I used to drop the chain all the time...and that's what I was instructed to do. Also, be peddling very softly when you do all this...don't mash the peddles or you'll drop for sure.
Jealous!! I wish I was going to LO with you!! Take pix...have fun!!! Enjoy my hometown...experience the good food!!! Hug Ms. Patricia for me...!!! (Boy, demanding eh?)
I agree with Jill. When I first got my bike, I dropped the chain just about everytime I tried to shift on the big ring.
I found by making sure the back ring is midway before shifting the front ring really, really helped.
If that doesn't help, go to your bike shop. They may need to do some adjustments:)
Post a Comment