Sunday, August 23, 2009

Getting back on track...

I had 5 days in a row off from the bike & the gym.
Too many things going on, too many things to organize in my mind...
Sometimes there just isn't time & the last week & a half was touch n' go.
(I had 2 days at the gym & one day on my bike, plus I did mow the FAST growing grass one evening.)
I'm reexamining my life in general. Where am I going to be 1 yr from now? Ya know...questions like that? It's time.

Backing up to last week, I don't regret taking some time off work & hanging out. I was sad to see Deb & the boys leave but I will most definitely see them for Christmas in San Antonio. I was going to resist posting pics & bragging but Austin got co-MVP on his Basketball team. Yes, we know he loves it. He dreams of the NBA. :-) I am so proud of him & all his accomplishments. AND not to leave Avery out but my favorite muffin head was looking at caps while his brother tried on school shoes in Hibbets. He kept trying on a blue/orange Univ. of TN hat. I thought he was confused because everyone breathes the Longhorns in TX & they're orange too. When I pointed out that it was U of TN not U of TX, he wanted it anyway. He wore his University of TN cap the whole time he was here. I just wonder what his FL loving father said when he saw it. :-P Steph, me, & Deb...probably the first pic in 4+ yrs we've had taken together. Aunt Diane (from MI) took a better one but hasn't sent it to me yet. Deb got to see some MI relatives she hasn't seen in 20 yrs! Austin & Avery at "Piggy's Place". This place has been around Tullahoma since the 80's & my sister sure remembered that she loved it!

Joe, Jessica, & Joey on a rock down at Rutledge Falls. The water was cold but once you got used to it, it wasn't bad. We brought food & had a picnic. It was fun. Ahh, the "simple" things...I did get in some good hiking today. Not strenous but I did get my heart rate up a few times. The hip flexors & quads were going, "What the hell?"

Tomorrow I'm back on track with the biking....I only did 23 miles on Sat so I'm hoping to get in some good riding this week. I can tell it's getting dark earlier but I feel like I still have 2 good hours after work to get some riding in... I'm sad to report that the "Leaves of Lincoln" is cancelled this year. I will be doing a portion of the Elk River Valley 100. I had hoped to do the 50 that day & that's still not out of the question but I have to save some energy for the Taylor Swift concert with Jessica that night. I cannot believe it's almost Sept!! This cooler August weather is almost too freaky. Makes me wonder if we'll have an early Fall.

2 comments:

Jill Ann said...

What a fun weekend and what beautiful pictures. It is sure the reunion summer isn't it? I am glad you're having such a fun time.

And...so jealous that you are going to Taylor Swift!! If you hear of anyone giving up tickets, please text me first. I cannot find any below $80 right now.

Darn...and by the way, you are one good lady for taking Jessica to the concert.

I Am Woody said...

The weather has been crazy. I noticed my neighbor's burning bushes were starting to "burn" - it is really, really early for that!!