"Ferris Bueller’s Day off”
“Trains, Planes, & Automobiles"
“Home Alone”
“Sixteen Candles”
“Breakfast Club”…need I say more?
I think about when I saw these films, how old I was, who I was with, & where… John Hughes films Rocked! I will never forget skipping class with Brian C. & going to the theater to take in a private viewing of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". We saw it before the public saw it because we worked there. :)
Who can forget dreamy eyed, young John Cusack in “Sixteen Candles” with Molly Ringwald or Judd Nelson in “The Breakfast Club”? The scene where Ally Sheedy is dancing in detention is priceless. What is it about this summer that my “youth” seems to be dying?
Me & my Fuji:
With the heat back, it’s slow going but not as slow as say 2 months ago…
I've decided that a century ride just isn't going to happen this year simply because I refuse to do one until I'm riding a certain speed. I want to be a little stronger on the bike but I'm not ruling out a ride in Sept or Oct. I'm having so much fun on it, seriously. I could do an entire post on the stuff I've seen but I don't have time.
Last Saturday: Pilates class, 30 mins on the elliptical, & crunches.
We went to a coworker’s wedding. Congrats to Judi & BB!
He does auctions & real estate on the side. This sale was final! ha!
Last Sunday: I rode just over 17 miles before heading to the Titans training camp. We had a blast! I'm going to wear my D. Mason #85 jersey even though it's Nate Washington's number now. Maybe I'll get Nate's signature on it, too.
Cousin Patti's favorite, KVB!
Fisher & those tanned legs... (I didn't get a pic of Finnegan but I got a message from April to "blow him a kiss or give him a love bite, whichever." I laughed!)
ahhh, Kerry.....
They looked sharp in the heat but who knows what the season's going to be like.... I'm just ready for fall, yall...
Monday: I rode a rolling 30k in 1:08 then I finished it out at 26.12 miles total for the day at 16.9 mph overall. (fast for me, slow for others).
Tuesday: I did weights, crunches, & mowed the yard.
Wednesday: I rode just a 13.72 because I had been in the ‘boro getting the back tire changed to a Michelin. The Continental on the back had picked up some glass on Monday. It had to have happened at UTSI because the tube wasn’t holding air for more than a minute or two. Thank God, I didn't get stranded! It was a small piece of glass but a deep puncture. Sorry but I’m not riding on patched tires. This is the first time a flat was due to me running over something. All the other flats happened due to the rough edged Continental on the front & the hot car back in June. I know more about bike tires right now than I ever cared to know...
Thursday: I rode about 19-20 miles…Garmin was dead since I accidentally left it on all night. I will eventually buy a bike computer as back up.
Friday: I rode 33.09 miles. The plan was for 35 or more but I had a bid I was watching on ebay. Yeah, I know...lame but I rode faster because of it & I won the bid. :-P
Saturday: Tomorrow I'm going to do weights, abs, & the elliptical. I'm meeting Hannah, Jeff, Skylar, Joe, Joey, & Jessica at the Adventure Science Center. Should be a fun day!
1 comment:
Wow, your time has really come up on the bike! You go, girl!!
Post a Comment