Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Feeling the Fun Times of Fall upon me...

Right now (until it gets too dark), I'm riding Mon-Wed-Fri.
Tues-Thurs I hit the gym. Sometimes I try to ride on Sundays if there's time for it. Since I've pushed my goal to do a century ride into 2010, there's no pressure to ride more than 20-30 miles at one time. I'm ok with that because of the shin. So, I've been doing just more of the same...23 miles on most days that I do ride. I'm truly enjoying it just because I'm seeing new things. Things I don't notice while driving. This area truly is a beautiful area to ride. We are so lucky in Coffee County.

On tap for this Labor day weekend...
Well, as you know, it's Football time in Tennessee!!

Will Lane Kiffin's new & hopefully improved Vols win some games?
Will Vandy have a repeat year & go to another bowl game?
Will anyone beat Florida? ha!

We're going to "show our gold" Sat evening. I'm excited!! (yes, this MTSU grad will become a Vandy fan this season)
My degree is blue, my blood is orange, but I'll be cheering for the black n' gold this season!

My guess is that the Titans won't have the year that they had last year but I think they have a good chance to make the playoffs again. Maybe this time, they'll stay in there for the big show. Anything is possible, ya know...
Joe spent 3 hrs on a conference call this past weekend doing his draft. He's in a a league with 16 teams. I had to leave on my bike ride because I kept wanting to cheer when someone I like got drafted. :-P

Looking ahead to Christmas, Joe bought our plane tickets to San Antonio for Dec 23-27. He's so nice to me. I hope the beagles like him. :-)

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I bet you Jeff Lester is fired up for football season as much as your are Lisa. As I was reading your current blog, all I could think about is some hot chili and apple cider.... Its amazing how fall is crepping up upon us quickly. We already have one tree in our neighborhood that all the leave have turned orange... It's a pretty oak tree.

JoeinNashville said...

I got my girlfriend a couple of Titans on my Fantasy Football team, 1 former 'Dore, and 1 former Vol.

I Am Woody said...

We do have some great areas to ride. We are very lucky!!

Paul said...

I will just pretend that the "black and gold" you are referring to is Pittsburgh :P