Monday, September 14, 2009

A week flew by...

Thursday morning:
Up bright n’ early for Harvey’s
Elliptical & crunches


I watched THE game & was up till 11pm. VERY late for me.
It was a rough fought game as most of you know & honestly, the Titans should’ve won. It is unheard of for Bironas to miss 2 field goals. Stripping that ball away from Hines Ward was a “gift”. We gave the “gift” back, ya know… This Sunday is the home opener against the Texans. Joe & I will be there…2nd row from the field. Can’t wait!

Friday:
I pushed mowed the yard & as usual I put that in my marathonguide.com log as cardio. Ha! I was in bed by 8:10pm.

As like every year, I always think of where I was on 9-11-01. I was in my office in my last job wondering if the world was coming to an end. Seriously, I bet called nearly everyone I knew to see where they were, what they were doing, & if they were flying that day. I think we'll all have a heavy feeling on this date for the rest of our lives...

Saturday:
I rode the 34 mile portion of the Elk River 100 course. I saw Lisa (spin instructor from the Rec Ctr). She has a beautiful Trek bike.
I ended up with 37 miles since I accidentally finished on the 50 or 100 mile finish route. ha! Yes, I read the orange mark on the road & yes I did see the street where I was supposed to turn but I put the accuracy of the orange mark first before pulling out the cue sheet to check the street. My Bad! The extra miles sure didn’t hurt me. Let me tell ya, Lynchburg is hilly, especially Harry Hill (or was it Hairy Hill?).
I haven’t had a chance to download my garmin but I’m sure when I do I’ll totally recognize that hill on the grid. I had to push my bike up that thing for about 10-15 minutes. At the top there were some course monitors sitting on the back end of their truck. They did NOT look at all surprised to see me pushing my bike. I told them that they needed to call it “Harry Hell Hill”. I stayed less than 2 minutes at the food stop at mile 17.3. Long enough to grab 2 small cookies & wipe my glasses off. I wanted that ride over so I could get to Nashville. Don’t get me wrong, I had fun. I had a few minor dog chases but I ride with “Halt” so I was armed. I had one, huge, happy dog gallop along side of me for a while smiling the whole way. Seriously, I said, "hey buddy" & he looked over at me & smiled. He wanted to play. :-) All in all, I’m glad I did it. I needed to ride somewhere more exciting than the base for once.

Saturday night:
Seriously, I never thought I’d say this but I put that “Taylor Swift” concert up there with the “Bon Jovi-Daughtry” one I saw in ’08. She rocked that house! It was more like a production, a play, with a concert wrapped around it. It was worth every penny I spent on the tickets. Every radio station in town was there doing some sort of activity. It was almost like Disney World with the little (and BIG) girls all glittered & glammed up. Jessica sang karaoke before we went inside. “Glorianna” & “Kellie Pickler” opened for Taylor & they were ok. Taylor finally came on at 9pm & that girl didn’t stop until after 11pm. She isn’t nominated for “Entertainer of the year” for nothing, let me tell ya! Let’s just say I wasn’t worth killing on Sunday morning…but it was worth it! I’m so glad Michele C. from work got tickets at the last minute for her, her mom, & twin daughters. She got some awesome pics.

"Love Story" Her dancers ripped that big dress off & under it she had on a wedding dress. Jessica singing karoke at the 102.5 booth. She picked the blue concert shirt & believe it or not they were reasonably priced. At one point she was standing on her chair with the girls next to her yelling. ha! Faith Hill showed up! She was all over that place. She sang in an open walk way, walked down the steps, got on a rotating platform right in front of us, & she put on the Preds jersey while confetti fell from the ceiling (in the shape of hearts). What a great 19 yr old talent she is... When I looked at who was coming this concert season I wasn't thrilled at all but I'm so glad I went for this one! How am I ever going to top this with the Tween Bee? ha!

Sunday:
The only exercise I got was walking to the stir fry restaurant in the village with Joe for a late lunch.

Today:
Crunches & weights (chiropractor appt took a lot of time)

Tomorrow:
Weather permitting a ride or it's back to the gym or on the trainer in the living room. Yuck!

Happy September!

2 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Thank you for posting all the pictures from TS concert!! What an amazing event. I wish I had spent hte $$ and went now. Darn. What a fun, fun time and memory for you and Jessica.

Congrats on the ride too. You know, just about a year ago is when you got that bike!! Way to go on your goals.

See you this Sat at the South Nash Dash? I am in charge of RFTC booth out there. Will be lovely to catch up and finally see you both together.

Anonymous said...

Great concert photos, Lisa!