I got in some decent runs this week, nothing to write home about... but totally enjoying this cooler weather...I did get a little crazy with my back bend move during a yoga dvd & strained my neck a bit...Today, Joe & I ran 7 miles in his 'hood, which rivals the Moon Pie course, seriously! My hip is not happy right now. We did it my pace...9:31 pace & I'll take it. Thank God, RunChikinRun is flat! All I want is under an hour and/or close to 9 min miles as I can get. Is that too much to ask? Probably?! Who knows....just excited about running a race I've never done. (got new Saucony Progrid Omi 9's from Team Nashville & some compression socks. I sooooo needed them!)
Tuesday morning, I got an email that I had won tickets to the Saints preseason game with the Titans.
(ebay, $62 tickets for $20 ea-sec 120) I was thrilled since that was really the only game that stood out to me but it wasn't regular season. No guarantee that we'd see started play very long if at all.) I took off early from work & we were near the visitors tunnel by about 5:20pm watching warm ups. I got the Saint's punter (gotta figure out his name!), Reggie Bush, & Drew Brees to sign Drew's book, "Coming Back Stronger". Loved the book as I have said before...very inspirational. I told him that it was a great book & he said "thank you" & I promptly turned to mush... ha! Joe took the pic below with my cell as he was signing it.
Yesterday, a 20.33 mi bike ride at just over 15 mph...(just wasn't feeling it), pilates class, some weights, & 20 min elliptical. I was ready for baby shower cake! Fara, who has run many races with me in the past is due with her first child Oct 8th. She is absolutely glowing & so excited! Can't wait to meet Anna Belle Mullins!
My MI cousin, Susan, is having Estella Grace Dey as I type this...Patti & Rob (Suz's hubby) are coaching her. Girls, Girls, Girls...a guy at work is having a boy (Hunter Johnson) in Dec. His wife is due right about the time we shut down for Christmas. At least I know of one little boy coming! ha!
Happy Labor Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment