Saturday, October 23, 2010

8 miles of talking in my head...

I talk to myself on most runs (in my head of course). If you talk out loud too much that's just a waste of energy/oxygen. I had thought about hooking up with Carla for 8 miles but then I knew I wouldn't push myself. I knew we'd chatter the whole way at probably an 9:30 pace. I needed to push this run. I thought/talked my way through the first 3 miles thinking of how fortunate I am to even be running right now AGAIN. I thought about the little old couples I past that were bundled up taking an early morning walk. I thought about the Lynchburg BBQ & how some BBQ would be so good to eat today for lunch. Next thing I know I'm at East Middle School & heading back. The only time I opened my mouth to talk was to say "Good morning" & I spoke to Ginger E. (Jody's wife) during the last mile. She was running with her youngest in a stroller.

So, I got out at 7:30am on the nose. It was cold but not cold enough for me to put on long sleeves, just a singlet, shorts, & my BIKE shorts under the shorts, compression socks (LOVE THEM), etc... Yes, I'm going to do all runs 6 miles or over in bike shorts for now on...they work way better than my underarmour running compression shorts. It's hard to explain but I feel like they're keeping my hips lined up more. I ran 8.17 miles at an overall pace of 8:56. I was extremely pleased since there were a couple of big hills and rolling ones. I am so much stronger on hills than I was even 6 weeks ago but 6 weeks ago I was also running in the dreaded heat/humidity, too. I even did a negative split. The first half was at a 9 min pace. I noticed that when I uploaded my garmin.
My recovery drink above. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy glorious Saturday & thank you God for giving me a great run!

No comments: