Monday…recovery run?
I know a lot of people do “recovery runs” or they cross train the day after a longish run. (I usually cross train) Since I was given the go ahead to start running, I’ve made myself NOT run the day before/after my longish runs. Well, here we are…I’ve done one 8, two 9’s, & one 10 mile run… This weekend will be 11. Since the weather was GREAT Monday, I cut myself some slack & allowed myself to run 3.25 flat miles SLOWLY (10:09 pace) out East area. Just the thoughts of running in daylight AFTER work made me smile. I said “Ouch” a few times & kept it slow. It was easy to keep it slow since my quads & the left knee area were still sore from Sunday’s run. The IT Band still reminds me that it is a son of a biotch…I also did crunches, 5 lb free weights, & stretched when I got home…
Tuesday…should I? No, I should NOT.
The plan was not to run Tuesday IF I ran Monday evening.
After doing workout #1 of Jillian Michael’s yoga in the morning, I thought I could handle my 4 miler that I had planned for Wed morning that afternoon. My better judgment took over instead. I did weight machines, crunches, & got my much needed grocery shopping done in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Slept In….
I got tied up trying to open OLD floppy discs with pics from 8-10 yrs ago on them. No Jillian yoga for me Wed morning. Ran 6.5 miles after work out at UTSI & totally soaked up the nature. The pace was slow. Took me 2 miles to get my legs moving, ugh!
Mi 1-9:48, Mi 2-9:21, Mi 3-9:16, Mi 4- 9:07, Mi 5- 9:13, Mi 6-9:08, didn’t pay attention to the last .5 time….9:18 overall.
Thursday: early AM Jillian Michael’s yoga & weight machines at DW Wilson
Friday: 4 miles (9:01 pace) EARLY AM (out the door at 4:55am)
Saw Fara’s little Anna Belle after work. What a cutie!
She arrived Wed at 12:34pm, 7 lbs 2 oz & 20 inches long.
Fara basically had her in 6 hours. Anna Belle came out running!
Saturday: 20.23 mi on bike (15.9 mph) Great weather for a bike ride!
Did a short 20 min yoga dvd that came with my yoga mat before I left.
About to tear down my 13 yr old computer desk, shoot it, put it out of it's misery, & put it out to the road. ha! This house echoes now, I've got rid of so much stuff.
Sunday: we run 11.
Hope to get out EARLY since Summer is back.
I'm tempted to get out late tonight to run a few miles & then get out early in the morning for a run just to prepare for the relay. Crazy, eh? Umm, what to do, what to do???
One things for sure trivia in the 'homa with Hannah & Jeff tonight. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment