Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mid – October craziness….

Reading:
Still reading the Janet Evanovich bounty hunter series…almost done with book 10. I will go into mourning once I’m done with the series, I swear… I have to admit I’m getting frustrated with some of the stupid decisions this gal makes because you’d think by now she’d learn but I have a goal to read all 16 books & the “in between” books by the 1st of the year. We’ll see how that goes with everything else going on…

Moving:
I dragged my desk until it fell to pieces to the front door Sat afternoon.
It’s at the road to be picked up now. I put this cheap desk bought in ‘97 out of it’s misery, seriously. I now have my computer on an antique dresser that belonged to my great grandmother…less clutter & oh the old pics I’ve found over the last week. Gesh! So many memories… Nice to know I have found some important stuff like my divorce papers, my Motlow degree & MTSU degree!!!

Football:
There is no way to explain how glad I was that Bama finally lost last weekend!
The annoying as hell bama fans were pretty quiet about it on Facebook. Ha!
Too bad the same UT team that nearly beat LSU didn’t show up to beat UGA.
Oh & don’t get me started on how GREAT it was to watch the Titans make the Cowgirls have a bad hair day in that over-priced stadium in Texas. Ha!

Running & the bike:
Since we’re making a quick trip to WI, I won’t get a bike ride in this weekend.
Due to the “Mexican-puke” 3.67 miler this past Sat night, that run put me at 26+ miles for last week. (Most miles logged in a VERY long time in 1 week post cracked shin). Below is this week so far....

Sunday: 7.75 (9:00 pace) felt awesome!

Monday: 30 mins of yoga, 5 lb free weights, & crunches

Tuesday: 6.03 miles (9:18 pace) & weight machines in the evening

Wednesday: 4.68 miles (9:13 pace) Was going for 3.5 but decided on a new route just to see how lighted it was… 30 mins of yoga after work

Thursday: 5.2 miles (8:53 pace) & weight machines in the evening

Friday: 30 mins of yoga in the morning, hopefully….

I’m going to “over-analyze” Wed morning’s run vs. Thurs morning’s run. The main difference…Wed, I didn’t wear my zenzah calf sleeves or my swiftwick compression socks. My legs hurt most of the day Wed. I honestly didn’t think I could get up & run Thurs morning but I did & I wore my zenzah calf sleeves. As I type this late Thurs afternoon, my legs feel great. For now on, I don’t care if it’s 100 degrees, I’m going to wear some type of “compression” on my calves. They have given me fits & caused injuries over the years. NO MORE! Santa, if you’re listening, all I want are compression socks/sleeves from Christmas. That is all!
Not sure what/if we’ll run at all this weekend since we’re in Wisconsin.
If there’s time, we’ll get out even if it’s just for 3 miles.

We have plans to do a Miller brewery tour in Milwaukee Sat afternoon & possibly the Kohler design center in Kohler, WI on Monday. We’ll be back sometime Tues afternoon.

October seems to be flying & we’ll start November out with a bang with the relay & end it with the Boulevard Bolt 5 miler (need to register soon!).

December will start out with a HUGE celebration.
I signed us up for the Great Santa run Dec 4th in Vegas. It’s the day before our “wedding race”. They give you a free Santa suit & you just have to be counted. You can run the 5k, 1 miler, or just stand there. The $35 entry fee goes to a good cause & you get to be a part of a world record attempt. (The most Santas in one place…going up against Liverpool, Hungary, & a few other places.) Hannah, Jeff, Jake, & Chrissy may join in on this little adventure, too. So far we have tentative plans to go to the Gold & Silver Pawn shop that’s on TV. I’ve never seen the show but Jeff wants to go & it should be interesting.

We also may go to the Ethel M Chocolate factory (& Hoover dam). Apparently, Ethel was/is a Mars relative & Hannah works for Mars. Ha! Of course Joe & I will do the Eiffel Tower thing but I’m staying away from the scary ass Stratosphere rides. Apparently Dec is a bad time of the year to go to Vegas to see “BIG” shows…like Cher or I would totally look into getting tickets. I’m ok with that. The cheaper this wedding the better… I’ve never had the urge to put Vegas on my travel list but what better way to get married a 2nd time around then to do it in the middle of a half marathon. We’re starting to get excited about it.

2 comments:

JoeinNashville said...

Fire up!!! Relay and wedding right around the corner. Your training is really coming around. Pace is coming down quickly and I'm sure you'll shave plenty more time off too.

And you forgot to mention my ectasy over MSU beating UM last weekend. Screw the blue!!!

I Am Woody said...

We are thinking about having Thanksgiving, Vegas style! Where are you guys staying? We have been a couple of times and stayed at The Venetian and Mandalay Bay.

Definitely take a morning and go to Hoover Dam. The new bridge is slated to open next week so I think it will be closed to traffic but you can still walk across. It is very cool.