Saturday, November 13, 2010

Recovered from Ragnar, I think…

I’m still assessing the damage. Ha!
Last Saturday night I went to bed at 8pm, Joe was asleep by 7pm.
We stayed awake as long as we could. I was wide awake at 5am but it was really 4am. (Time change) Joe didn’t wake up till around 7:30am.

I moved around a lot, got our laundry done, & relaxed Sunday. (sore!)
Basically, just rested & so did Joe. We ate at the “Dead Lobster” (Red Lobster) & got stuffed.

Monday afternoon, I decided to do 30 mins of Jillian Michael’s yoga & worked with my 5 lb weights after work. I felt good & not near as stiff as Sunday. It’s been a long time since I ran 17.7 miles in 1 ½ days. I’m cautious right now especially since Joe’s cousin in law, Kurt, has a stress fracture from running/training Chicago. Ouch!

Tuesday morning, I did more yoga & weight machines at DW Wilson in the afternoon.

Wednesday morning I’m got in 4.2 FLAT miles early AM at around a 9:18 pace. Felt decent. I did MORE yoga after work. Surely all this yoga is doing something other than stretching me.

Thursday, I got out for 5:06 at an 8:52 pace. I was pleased but still took it easy & ran mostly flat. I did weight machines/abs Thursday afternoon.

Friday, I had a butt load of stuff to do after work so I didn't do squat.

Saturday morning, my run was 10 miles...9:02 pace….I was pleased considering I had some hills at the beginning & end.

The weather is CRAZY. I feel like I’ve been sweating all week! I would have choked a little in the heat had we had these highs last Friday afternoon but it would have been nice not to be freezing to death in the early morning hours of our later “legs”.

As far as Ragnar goes, loved it! (Race report in previous post!) Loved every minute of it & so proud of myself for holding it together on the last, torturous leg of 4.4 miles that I did after Unionville. It felt great to be done but if I ever do it again, I want a Van 2 “set of legs”. Next Fall at this time, Joe & I are running the NYC marathon. (God willing the injuries stay away!) Paul S. threw his hat into the ring for the 2nd year in a row. FINGERS CROSSED!

I’m on the fence with the blog. I gave up on wordpress a few nights ago & got a little frustrated. My feeble, little brain can’t wrap around it & make it look nice so I scrapped it & created another google blogspot. I FORGOT the password to it, though! ARG! The one I thought I used (but didn’t write down) won’t work! Oh well, can’t even edit out the copied errors on it. I really want it out there for anyone to read that is considering a relay. I totally enjoyed the few reports I read from across the country. So, I'm going to unhide this blog for a while. If some weirdo finds it & ticks me off, I'll hide again.

My stats for my 4 Legs of the relay: 17.7 miles in 1 ½ days.
(I made up one “leg” due to injured runner)

6.1 miles of rolling hills-53:55
4.5 miles mostly flat with a pretty good downhill-38:58
2.7 miles rolling then a HUGE downhill-23:28
4.4 miles mostly flat-45:32 (Ouch!)

As for our wedding in Vegas (during the ½ marathon Dec 5th), it’s pretty much planned…got final email with directions today!  Our race shirts below.

1 comment:

arteryx jackets said...

Nice post! I have a great time reading...