Wednesday, December 29, 2010

sitting around really is for the birds...

I've been sitting around most of the day reading & restless...
Being that it was just over 7 yrs ago that I had my right baby toe flattened, I really didn't remember too much about the recovery time other than I wore the boot about a week & was running in just a few weeks. The numbness decided to wear off last night. Little bit of ouchiness to it but not enough to take anything. Since, I'm thinking yoga will only irritate it when I am in balancing poses, I decided not to try it. Especially since we'll be heading downtown tomorrow, Dec 30th for the Music City Bowl after all. (some big time walking)  I snagged 2 tickets under face value in sec 139 near the tunnel. I hope we're near the "Pride of the Southland" band.  (Turns out we may have a little "relay" reunion in parking lot N with Kim, Michael, Michele, Ronnie, Pam, & Marc.)  :-)

I'm over half way through GW's book, we saw "Black Swan" yesterday, & I'm hoping the fitness wave dude finally calls us back to come in.....remember how I won 2 certficates at a benefit last December for $30 but worth $200!?  I won two & we've not used them yet!  So, sitting & waiting is driving me a bit nuts.

As for my opinion on "Black Swan"....it was good but I left there needing a good laugh. Gesh, incredibly disturbing.  I was drawn to it over the hype I had heard, plus the fact that Portman is pregnant & engaged to her costar in it.  Little bit over the top for us but I do see what the buzz was about. Truthfully, it was NO "Blind Side" but movies like that just don't get made every year.  So, now I can't wait to see the "Little Fockers" just so I can laugh.  That looks really funny!  Can't go wrong with Ben Stiller most of the time. "The Dilemma" with Vince Vaughn looks funny, too.  So, heck...we may head to the movies tonight again. Who knows... wrapping up the toe/foot & moving along....

I

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hey chicketta,
I want to see "Meet The Frockers" too. Amanda said it was really good and she laughed like know other watching the movie.
I salute you for taking it easy with your toe-toe.... I would be going stir-crazy myself sitting around taking it easy too. Good thing you have a good book to read to keep you busy doing something. Have a great evening Lisa Singer married ole woman you.... :)