Music City Bowl game:
My gut still hurts & that's about all I've got to say. ha!
Of the 3 Music City bowl games I've been to this one really took the cake.
(I saw Auburn's music city bowl game a good while back & of course Vandy's two years ago)
We sat in Sec 139 right behind a row of Tar Heel fans & the Tar Heel band. I couldn't help but sing & dance a little when the band did "Living on a Prayer" & "Sweet Caroline". Note to self: they switch sides every year...next year the SEC team will be on the HOME side. Duh!!!! As if I didn't already know this...college kids don't usually get to drink once inside the stadium, they do if it's at LP Field & it's a bowl game. There were random fans on both sides of the ball that acted totally stupid. I've been to a LOT of NFL games in my time & I've never had to deal with drunks like I have at college games. Stupid, young, drunks....eh well...you'll have that...
We did have fun meeting up with members from Van 2 from our relay team. (Ragnar was by far one of the more interesting & fun things we did in 2010!) ;-)
My left baby toe:
Can you believe I have almost my entire foot wrapped up just because I had a small tendon cut in my left baby toe to get it to flatten? This is the reason I've been a total lazy ass this week. Apparently, you really do need your baby toes to balance while walking, doing yoga, etc...so I've resolved myself to test it Monday after I get the stitches removed. Maybe, just maybe 30 mins of yoga Monday night will happen. It's not hurt enough to take the pain meds so that was $6 of generic meds wasted that will go down the toilet but better safe than sorry. I have taken some ibuprophen, though. (patience, grasshopper...just a few weeks & I'll be running/spinning again...)
Oh & to those who have asked me over & over again why I had this done...
I had the right one done in the Fall of 03. I had let it go for so long I couldn't wear dress shoes w/o feeling some pain. I wasn't about to let the left one get that bad. The left one took 7 whole years to bother me after getting the right one done. The toe was getting a horrible, hard callous on it after a few weeks of running & it just got to a point to where if I started doing some REAL training then it was just going to get worse.
Goals/Resolutions:
I hate to even state any since most of the time mine don't happen. (For instance that century ride that just didn't happen a year or so ago & probably won't happen in 2011.) ha!
I guess I'd have to say my only REAL running goal is to train smart for NYC. I used my gift certificate from Cheryl (thanks CHERYL!) & bought some endurolytes the other day. I will SO need them for the long summer runs that's for sure. I trained with hammer gel pills in 2006 & they set much better on my tummy than gu's that's for sure.
I've started months ago to go through things in the house & declutter my stuff...so that ball kept rolling today. After visiting with some GREAT friends in Lynchburg, I finally unpacked a suitcase that has been partially packed since Thanksgiving. ha! The quest to declutter is a never ending thing for sure.
Lastly, I'm just thankful for so many things right now...
There's been a few health scares in my family this year (none related to me).
They've run their course & everyone is just fine. Thank God!
I have a job that doesn't drive me crazy & I'm so thankful for that. I guess it's the little things that most people take for granted that I'm truly honest to God grateful for & I pray for those that have strugged this past year. It's not been easy for any of us.
So here's to the first day of January 2011...may it be just a little easier than 2010 for everyone.
2 comments:
Well, most college kids sneak stuff in. At least the years I was at UT, we did all the time. I cannot recall anyone in the student seating that didn't have a little something stuck somewhere. Good times!
I got a new bike, so anytime you want to ride...or anytime Joe wants to run, just say. I'm just around the corner from y'all!
Hope you heal quickly!
Post a Comment