Thursday, May 17, 2012
6.16 miles under-fueled...yes, I know better!
We went to the NRC Wednesday night run. Since Joe needed to take it easy, he ran with me. There was literally nobody at all running 6 miles at my pace. Some do just 3 or 4 miles. Some do 5. A few do 6. There are different routes & I'm learning them a little better the more I show up. The regular 6 miler & 5 miler routes are hilly as HELL. Hillier than our 'hood. When I do those routes I almost always walk up a few of the hills. We started out fine. We were running between a 9:20-9:30 for a little while then I started taking walk breaks. The IT Band started burning but what was worse is that I was STARVING & THIRSTY. (Note to self: Replace little hand held that we pretty much destroyed last summer.) The last two miles were torture for me. I ended up with 6.16 miles at a 10:26 pace. Our NRC choice for dinner this week was the mexican place that has recently re-opened. I wanted to run in there & devour every chip & bowl of salsa they had but I managed to control myself. For now on when we're standing around listening to announcements, I'm going to be eating a little something & I will be drinking a lot more water/endurolyte drinks on Wednesdays at work.
Goal: Get Faster!
No comments:
Post a Comment