Friday, May 4, 2012

The weekend....YEAH!!

I've had a SUPER BUSY work week so I'm ready for the weekend.
I'm attempting a somewhat FLAT run in the morning with the NRC.
I really don't know how far I'll go but I can assure you it won't be 13.1 miles!

We have the kids this weekend & it's Joe's 44th birthday.
Other than running, breakfast with the run club, & the Cinco de Mayo party in our 'hood, we have nothing else going on, thank goodness.  We are ready to lay low for the weekend.

I have an itch to get my bike out but it's been 13 months since I've got it out.
I hope my tires are ok.  I may pump them up & see if they go flat.
It would be nice to get it out this weekend even if it's a very short ride.

I registered for the Frankenmuth, MI Volkslauf 20k yesterday. Whoo Hooo!
It's the 4th of July & it's supposedly flat.
By then I'll be acclimated real well to the heat but I am hoping Frankenmuth is somewhat cool on the 4th.
Knowing my luck, it'll be warmer there than it is here but I'll take a flat course in the heat over a hilly course in the heat anytime!

I completed the Country Music Marathon/Half Marathon survey yesterday. 
After doing the 1/2 in 2004, Full in 2005, Full in 2006, Full in 2007, 1/2 in 2008, 1/2 in 2009, & the 1/2 in 2012, I'm done with giving them my money.  I told them that until they move it to another date earlier in the year or move the start time to 6:00am or even 6:30am that I'm NEVER running the Full or the 1/2 again.    As I said in an earlier post, I may volunteer but I'm done with this race.  Like the Moon Pie 10 Mile race in Bell Buckle in June, I've been there, done that...I don't want to do it again.

No comments: