After 2 weeks & 2 days of little to no running, I think the plantar fasciitis is at a turning point.
I've done a few VERY short runs over the last week & there was no major pain involved. I've aqua jogged twice in the last week, been on a bike & the elliptical at the gym, etc… I've worked out but the little to no running has taken the Monumental full off my agenda. I don't want to do it just to finish. I want the sub 3:55 if not sub 3:50 finish time. Crossing fingers my husband's 3:22 is fast enough to get his registration accepted this week for Boston.
I decided to give my "Middle Half" bib away to Jo Anne for the Oct 12th race. I also canceled my plans to run the "Brooksie Way half" in MI. (Switched flight to Nawlins!).
Honestly, I just need to focus more on the big picture & make sure this issue is fully resolved so I can get the "FULL marathon" training done.
This morning, even through I didn't wear my Strasberg sock to bed last night & the arch was a little cranky, I made it 3.75 miles (9:05 pace). I finished without limping or any real pain. If I had more time I would have run more so I'm running with the club tonight. "2 a day Wednesday" will happen this week!
After much thought, I've decided to do the half in Indy. Two weeks of missed runs was just too much for me to wrap my brain around. I know I was slightly ahead of the training but at this point, I do NOT want just another marathon under my belt. I want to know that I've recovered 100% before I think of running another marathon. This leaves open the fact that we have the CIM Dec 8th .
After this weekend, I will know for sure if that is doable. We now have plans in the works for New Orleans, also. Whether it be just the half or the full will be totally up to my plantar issue over the next few weeks & whether or not I end up running the CIM.
It does feel good to run again, though, even though I'm a bit bummed at having to rearrange travel, miss two races. ($103.00 down the drain), etc… But I have missed my 5am Saturday morning group & my "Middle Halfers" formerly known as the "couch to 5ers".
So, I'm crossing my fingers right now that the CIM training is still doable. I had thought I would go ahead with the CIM & run with our friends out there but honestly, I would want to push the pedal because I know "me". Until this goal is achieved, I will not be able to just run a marathon for the heck of it. SSSSSoooooo, this weekend I will attempt to run LONNNNGGGGG again, can't wait.
In other news I tried out the "Bod Pod" & I'm happy to report that I fall into the high end of the "moderately lean" group. I was .8 from being in the "lean" group. Holla!! ;-) The guy doing the test told me that I need to do more weights & eat more "good" calories. Well, it's true, my one day a week of weights probably needs to be lengthened but I don't think I need more calories. I'm still at my goal weight & plan to stay there but if I happen to add more muscle, I'm sure I'll need to add more fuel for the new muscles. I am pretty happy with my body right now & that's enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment