I'm denied on my 2nd try & Joe is accepted. I laughed! Of course, he's the one taking the deferment to 2010. Too funny! I was actually hoping we'd be able to jog/walk it together this year but actually running it together would be much better. So, we're going to be at the finish line in Central Park when the elite runners come though for sure. I might just watch with a martini in my hand. :P
So, here's my round up for the week.
On June 1st I finally decided to shut up or put up about my old Christmas weight, which I’ve not lost yet. After trying on some summer clothes that just didn’t look right, it was overdue. I’m 5 ft 3 inches tall & my weight is fluctuating between 130-132. (130 in the am & 132 in the pm) My body looks different too because of the “non-running” exercise. (I was 126-127 before the holidays so every little lb counts on shorties!)
Also on June 1st, I decided I would start drinking the recommended amount of water. Frankly, I’m tired of my chiropractor telling me I’m dehydrated. So far, so good on that…
I’m counting calories like a mad woman now…trying to stay somewhere around 1500 or less…sorry, I refuse to starve myself. I’m not good at this because I simply don’t have time to look up the calorie count of ¼ slice of pineapple or 1/2 medium apple so I’m guessing a lot so far on the fruit. I’m hoping that by the 16th I notice a considerable difference.
As for the shin & the twisted damn ankle…I think the shin is doing A Ok right now. Heck, I can’t run on it simply because of the fall off the porch nearly 2 weeks ago. The ankle finally showed bruising last weekend. My heel hurt for a day or so & yesterday the Achilles hurt quite a bit. So, I think it’s going through the stages of healing, who knows… I’m living for the day that I’m completely injury free!
June 1st:
45 min spin class & 28 mins on the elliptical.
June 2nd:
1 hr spin in the am, arm weights, ab work, & 1 hr on the elliptical in the evening.
June 3rd:
I rode with Kim C. & Alesia for 12.16 miles (according to the garmin). It was roughly a 55 min ride. Yes, I’m still turtle slow but getting braver with the traffic. I will, however, put the bike on the trainer this weekend & play with the left hand gears. I figure if I drop the chain, I won’t drop with it. It just has to be done & it can't be done when I keep getting injured.
June 4th:
45 min am spin, 1 hr elliptical, leg weights, & some crunches.
June 5th:
I plan to ride right after work for about an hour & a half.
The weekend will be spent at the gym, the Soapbox derby, a wedding, & mowing. Who knows…maybe the ankle will be well enough for me to do a little bit of the jog/walk thing by Sunday.
Good Luck to those doing the local tri this weekend, especially Paul S. & Jill!!
1 comment:
Sorry you didn't get into NYC...but you will have your day in the city. It will come!!
Thanks for the luck wishes. Will try to make T-Homa proud of the 'hood girl.
Post a Comment