Sunday, April 17, 2011

8 Flat Miles on Saturday

Running with Jill's Team Rio group won out.
I was up at 4:15am, out the door at 5:15am & at River Park parking lot around 6:30am.
Since what I had to do was run out 4 mi & turn around & come back I decided to try to push my pace a little the first 4 miles.
Mile 1: 9:32 (chatted with a woman doing Boston as a charity runner for a bit)
Mile 2: 9:15 (trying to keep Jill & her pink shorts in my sight)
Mile 3: 9:04 (finally caught Jill)
Mile 4: 9:16 (my turn around point. I was glad because we were on a concrete sidewalk. My body hates concrete)
Mile 5: 9:19 (feeling pretty decent)
Mile 6: 9:55 (took a wrong turn & stopped a walker to ask directions-ha!)
Mile 7: 9:50 (legs feeling tired)
Mile 8: 9:56 (realized I was going to be over .25 short so I ran around the Y parking lot)

Two guys stopped me for my pace & admitted they were trying to catch me. (9:31 pace)
I love running with others because it pushes me. :)
Thanks Jill for the invite.

We had Joe's family in from MI. Nice weekend despite the rain & wind on Sat.
Not doing much of anything today other than stretching.

Tomorrow I'm tackling the Mach Tenn Tri course hills in the heat. bleh!

GO PREDATORS!!!

No comments: