Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lots of "H" words.....

Hot, Humid, Hilly, Heat.....
Bleh, bleh, & more bleh...
As they say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.."
I overshot my goal of 9 miles this morning so I walked most of the last 1.5 miles of it.
Overall it was a 10:27 pace & I'm just fine & dandy with that since this is my first REAL dose of humidity this year for a "longish" run. (9.55 miles at 1:39:43)  Longest run I've done since my wedding day, Dec 5th in Vegas. Joe's got some groin soreness this week. Guess I spoke too soon a few blogs back. I pray that it isn't a huge issue on Saturday. Let's hope mother nature eases up on the humidity.

Yesterday, I did nothing other than the fit test at Endurance Sports.
I had a horrible time blowing the air out of my body & staying under long enough to get a GOOD reading so David estimated the results, bless his heart. Needless to say I wasn't that surprised at my BMI test results. I was not too thrilled to learn that I've lost 3/4 of an inch on my height in the last year. WTH?  Apparently, I can do nothing & still burn approximately 1400 calories a day. My V02 results were off the charts for my age bracket of 40-49. Superior is 36.9 but I got a 40.4!!  I'd pat myself on my back but that proves that I do NOT run efficiently at all. If there's anything that I learned from "Lore of Running" is the fact that even though your V02 results might be high, if you're a sloppy runner it won't matter one bit. They had an awesome treadmill there that I felt like I could fly on so that helped, I'm sure. WAY better than Harvey's treadmills. I snagged a good deal on a bike shirt there. Let's hope I find time to use it!

We went to the 'boro for burgers off the grill at the Heusers. Yummy!!!  Jeff can do up some great burgers!
Then we headed off to the Saturday evening Easter service at Murphy center. World Outreach Church is awesome & G. Allen Jackson has the best personality of just about any preacher I've ever heard. I just wish that we weren't 30-35 mins from that church. :-(  Totally enjoyed the service, which included Michael W. Smith singing also.

Today, we're heading to the first hour or so of the Sounds game then we'll head over to Bridgestone for the Preds play off game. If they win tonight, the place will be exploding with excitement.

Hope everyone has a wonderful & safe Easter.

No comments: