Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thrashed & dehydrated

6 hilly miles that turned into a walk/jog after the 2.5 mile mark.
I know better than to run w/o drinking water.
Running on nothing but coffee doesn't work & I'm a stupid idiot for doing it.
It was 57 when I started & pretty breezy so ideally, this should have been somewhat of decent run.
Then I reminded myself that this is the 2nd 6 mi run I've had since Dec 18th. (I looked at my log!)
My upper back was sorta tight from P90X yoga yesterday & my calves were incredibly tight.
I've not had any ibuprophen in over 2 days either..
All I know is that I'm logging 6 mi at an 11:44 pace & I'll live with that for now since it did involve climbing up a hill that makes the 4.25 mi hill at Moon Pie seem miniscule.
My legs felt thrashed but I kept reminding myself that I have well over 6 months to get ready for New York.
God help me.....

1 comment:

Old Man said...

got warm quick, didn't it. I was on the bike, so I appreciated the warmth, the wind not so much. you're the 3rd person, that got zapped by the sudden warm day yesterday. now it'll turn cold again. crazy spring.