Saturday, June 4, 2011

The hills are alive with the sounds of me whining....

Yeah, I had the Sound of Music in my head while running hills this morning.
On a positive note, I got out 15 mins earlier than last week, the skies remained overcast until I hit the 6 mile mark, & I took an endurolyte pill before I started. I made sure I filled my bottles up all the way with enduralyte water from Whole Foods (Love that stuff!). I needed every drop for the 9 miles I did this morning. 9:56 pace but I had a lot of walking in there in order to get the bottles out, drink, & put them back in...hate, hate, hate wearing fuel belts but oh well.....  There's no way to do an absolutely FLAT run in this 'hood, seriously. On the short flats I did hit, I was noticing 8:10-8:15's, though.
God help me June 18th on that Moon Pie course. Please give us overcast skies at least. It was probably about 70 degrees when I took off & I was soaked head to toe when I finished in sweat. I even had it in my ears. Felt like I had been swimming!
I think I'll wear the loose thin belt I bought to wear in NY with enduralytes in it for the 10 mile trek in the Buckle. Not sure I want to lug around my own water at this point.

Our 'hood association sent a letter to the neighbors about the dog barking. We'll see how that goes...
I really feel bad for the dog. He looks lonely over there. I feel like breaking him out & taking him for a walk. As of last night he was still howling at 9pm. It always seems to be worse right when it gets dark. I don't know what the hell is going on over there because everytime security knocks nobody comes to the door. In the meantime I still have a yearning for my own "foxxie" dog (fox terrier). I think I'll wait till the stressfullness of the this new job dies down to get one, though. It will have to be at home alone from 7:00am until about 5:15pm every day. There are some days I do walk though the door closer to 5, though.  My boss has allowed me to choose my schedule. :)

I didn't want to get out of bed for ab ripper yesterday so yesterday was a total rest day.
Today: 9 miles 9:56 pace with hills

Mile 1: 9:59
Mile 2: 9:20
Mile 3: 10:06 (wrestling with fuel belt)
Mile 4: 10: 26 (ugh, HILLS)
Mile 5: 9:11
Mile 6: 10:17 (HILLS & fueling)
Mile 7: 9:57 (more hills)
Mile 8: 10:30 (that one hurt my pride)
Mile 9: 9:35

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow but it will entail sleeping in a bit. My whole body & brain are just tired.
Shooting for 5 or 6 miles Monday morning before work.

Totally looking forward to Mary Belle's wedding this afternoon & evening!
Get to spend some time with April too!

No comments: