Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the learning curve...

I don't care what NEW thing you're trying to do, there's always a learning curve & I hate it. I'm all about learning new things, don't get me wrong but I'll be so glad when I have a few months under my belt to where I actually know what the heck I'm doing most of the time. That's my new job rant for the day.
Yes, I still like it. Yes, the people are wonderful. They're having a Sounds family night for the company in July. (Going to be weird not seeing the neighbor pitch that night but he's in Milwaukee making the big bucks right now.)  Really what more can I ask for but time & patience ON MY PART. I am my own worst enemy with patience.

I did yoga last night, ran 3.6 this morning (it was supposed to be 3 but I went out too far), & did yoga this afternoon.  I'm totally enjoying seeing actual runnrs out in the mornings here. This 'hood is a runner, jogger, Niki G's fitness haven. LOL!  The fitness club meets around 5:15am. Sometimes I see them doing hill repeats carrying a weight in one hand. This morning they were running flat carrying one weight. Seems like that would pull on the one arm too much & be so annoying. Anyway, it's nice seeing people in the morning rather than almost nobody at all. I actually see a guy running barefoot with his dogs every now and then.

Tomorrow morning, I'm sleeping in a bit & doing ab ripper P90X. It's only 16 mins long. We're going to join the little Nolensville Run club up the road at 6:15pm at Martin's BBQ for a social run. Yep, it will be hotter than hell but oh well....I need to meet some others with some goals that are local here. I'd love to meet a speedy gal to run with in the village. It would be nice to be able to meet someone around the corner to run with on occasion especially when it's dark. I am in heaven with it light outside at 5am right now.

I'm finally going to start another book. I've felt VERY lost lately not reading during my lunch time. Janet Evanovich's latest Plum novel will be out soon. I cannot wait. I've had mine preordered for months on amazon.  Joe ordered me Rob Lowe's book, "Stories I only tell my friends".  I think it will be very interesting. I've always liked him & he's lived a pretty wild life. He also ordered me Tina Fey's new book, "Bossy Pants". (wonder if he's trying to tell me something!)  Saw her on Ellen (we tape the show nearly every day now) & just had to have it.

It's Tuesday....happy PRE Hump day. ;-P

No comments: