Thursday, October 18, 2012

6.25 hilly miles of "fact checking" by body

I ran with Joe the "6 mile route" (which is 6.25 per my garmin) last night with the NRC.
I mentally took this time to check my hips, calves, feet, quads, etc... 
Is everything feeling alright 10 days post Chicago marathon? 
Other than a few "niggles" here & there, I think I'm ok. 
The main thing I noticed was that my hips were feeling a little tight & achy the last 2 miles.

6.25 mi-8:50 pace-55.17 time

Mile 1: 9:08 (struggled to get my breathing right the first mile...still not fully recovered, obviously)
Mile 2: 8:50 (finding my groove & hitting the hills at a controlled pace)
Mile 3: 8:47 (lots of up & down...I'm GOOD on the down & a short water break at Darryl's house)
Mile 4: 8:21 (more flats, less hills)
Mile 5: 8:59 (had to take a couple of short walk breaks on hills)
Mile 6: 9:10 (last walk break on a hill that gets me EVERYTIME!)
.25:      8:04 (finished strong back at Martin's BBQ)

Yep, this is me thinking about every mile & analyzing it.  My goal on these Wed night runs is to gradually see the mile splits drop.  I want to start seeing sub 8 minute miles on these runs.
10 post marathon....I'm A OK with this pace.

We celebrated with mexican afterwards with our new TN State 1/2 marathon record holder in the 12 yr old age group. 

Next Wed night will be a little different.  We're running in costumes on the 24th since a lot of folks will be taking their kids trick or treating on the 31st, which is a Wed also.  I'll probably get up early for 4-5 miles next Wed morning & then jog 3 miles slow in my costume.  What's my costume? Wait for it & see...it won't surprise you if you've been reading this blog for more than a couple of  years.
;-P

No comments: