Sunday's weather in Chicago looks, well..........FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will make for a cold start but I have old, cold weather gear that I've had since 2004 that I'd love to toss when I start. I've been praying about this weather ever since we registered & my prayers have been answered. God is GOOD!
Yes, it will take a little while for the muscles to warm up but I plan on getting to my corral early to stretch & I know the crowd will keep me slow the first few miles. As for my race plan, I plan to eat & hydrate early on. I don't plan to get so caught up in the hoopla that I forget to eat my shot bloks. I am bringing organic energy waffles to eat that morning, too. Those little "cookies" are so easy on the stomach. I love them. I also plan to have a small water bottle with a NUUN tablet in it to sip the first 4-5 miles or I'll buy some gatorade & water it down in my water bottle. I'll decide what's easier when I get there. We have been drinking everything under the sun for months so it really doesn't even matter that all they have is gatorade on the course. (Thank God, there's no Cytomax on the course.)
I was going to pre-pay & schedule an architectural cruise but I think I'll wait till we get there to decide. First & foremost, I don't want to be on my feet very much on Saturday. Friday, we'll go to the Expo & do a little walking around.
Yesterday, I did my usual cross training at the gym. I did ab ripper, 35 minutess on the bike, all my weight machines for my arms only, & I walked/jogged just over 4.5 miles at about a 10:30 pace.
Today is all about yoga & stretching.
Tomorrow I'll be back at the gym on the bike & I'll do ab ripper.
Wednesday, I'll be doing an easy, flat 4 miler with the club.
Thursday, I'll probably do ab ripper & more stretching.
We fly friday morning & fly back on Monday morning.
Time has really flown. Hello October!
No comments:
Post a Comment