Note to self: When I have it in my head that I want a hilly tempo run, I need to do a route I'm familiar with...doh! I'm craving some fresh new routes so for the 2nd time only, I joined the "Bent Creek" crew last night. I accidentally called it, "Bent Cweek". The pace was "9" but most were just below that & looping for a few folks. I seemed to be pushing ahead at some points. I looped or waited and/or asked for directions when I would see more than one turn. I will get it with just a few more runs, I think...so for now I'm going to toss the idea of doing a hard-ish, hilly, tempo run on Wednesday evenings.
5 miles - 44:15 - 8:51 pace
8:50, 8:37, 8:48, 9:12, 8:48
I took two "sportlegs" capsules & boy, did they make a difference. I usually come home on Wednesday nights from the NRC runs a little stiff legged & then Thursday I wake up a little more stiff but not this time. I feel pretty dang great!
No comments:
Post a Comment