Thursday, August 29, 2013

Run #2: "2 a Day Wednesday"

The only "good" about this run was that I got to run with Preston, Jane's son. Sweet boy!
The "9 min" group went over to Bent Creek. I think this was my 3rd or 4th run over there. They ran it a little differently this week due to Amy K putting out fluids. I think one more run over there should get me somewhat familiar with it. I think we should add it to the Saturday morning route this week, which is only 12 miles. With the temp in the 90s this weekend & a chance of rain all three days, including Labor Day, I'm glad my long run is only 12!
Yesterday felt like the warmest afternoon of the entire summer to me, plus I think the 18 miler & speed work on Monday finally caught up to me. 5.25 miles at a 9:19 pace…it would have been faster had I run the regular route. The Bent Creek route includes two stops to cross Nolensville Rd & a water stop...and as you know I don't stop my garmin... 
Today, I'm heading straight to the gym to spin my legs out on the elliptical & bike for a little while. Then I'm doing the strengthening exercises for my left IT Band & glutes. So far so good…neither have given me fits lately at all. I'm also going to make myself get through at least half of the "Yoga for Runners" dvd when I get home & I'll finish the rest on Friday along with ab ripper.
We don't have yoga on Sunday so I may end up doing this dvd again or P90X Stretch on Sunday to get ready for the Franklin Classic 10k. I hear the route changed so of course, we'll go drive it. LOL!
I can't wait. I'm itching to "race".

No comments: