I don’t know about you guys but I have got plenty of emails regarding the pig flu this week. (how to wash my hands, germs, etc...) I’m ready for this to be done already. I KNOW HOW TO WASH MY FRICKIN’ HANDS!
My San Antonio sister is climbing the walls with her boys this week. NO SCHOOL, NO SOCCER, NO BASKETBALL TOURNAMENTS, ETC. They have 8 confirmed cases in their county as I type this…. Why don’t people get this nuts over the regular strains of flu? It’s really not that different.
Weekend:
It’s so hard to plan a weekend when it rains every time I think about getting on my bike. Last weekend would have been ideal for getting it out but I chose self torture instead. Seriously, I don’t regret doing the CMM ½ even though I know some people thought I was nuts. To each his own I say…I’m damn proud of my 2:22 “untrained” time. ha!
Weather.com says there’s a break in the rain in the early morning hours tomorrow so we shall see about getting out the Fuji. I don’t mind running in the rain but clipped into pedals in the rain frightens me! Carla wants to train for the “Jack n’ Back” so maybe some long rides here are in our future this summer.
Assessment of the Self Inflicted damage:
I had no real bad signs from running on the fracture until Wednesday afternoon. Towards the end of the day, my shin became tight & a little uncomfortable so I stretched it out with the ever popular wall stretch. I went to Harvey’s for weights, elliptical, etc…it was fine. I did spin Thursday morning, wore my calf sleeves to work, & did more of the same at Harvey’s after work. It felt fine. I did seem to tweak my left hip. (Remember the bursa tissue issue the fall of ’07?) My chiropractor could tell that I had done something to my left hip on Tuesday. “Well, let me explain what I did on Saturday, Dr R.” She is wonderful, doesn’t belittle me at all for what I’m TRYING to do, & she told me she would like to do the ½ next year. I say, “Go for it, Dr. R!”
I have felt great this week. I have that feeling of wanting to run again and/or sign up for something, ya know, but I won’t...not until I decide about NY, not until I know the damage is healed, not until the moons line up... I still have until May 30th to throw our names in the lottery hat.
Stubborn Self Inflicted Weight:
As for my stubborn 5 lbs, all of it is still here after 5 full days of serious snack control. I am watching everything I eat & adding more protein. The “ultimate snacker” is logging every snack in my food journal. I’m a nibbler, sorry, I can’t help it. I am used to eating every 2 hrs. I’ve done it all my life. I just have to keep it in check right now. Running made my weight notsomuch of an issue. “5 foot 3 me” has to find my running body without the running right now because I have a NEW bathing suit to put on soon! We did eat mexican for lunch today & I worked some of it off at Harvey's after work. See how happy we were to be piling into the back seat to go to Las Palmas. (me, BB, & Michelle)
Much Good Luck to those racing this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment