Monday, May 25, 2009

Still banging myself up, apparently...

I fell off the front porch & twisted my right ankle. (Same leg as the stress fracture) I would take a pic but the swelling has gone way down.

I'll back up a bit. I did a walk/jog of 4.85 mi with Terri J. on the Marine Corp route out at the base Sat morning. It was VERY humid but felt good nonetheless... We did Carlates (pilates) afterwards. I fell off the front porch as Joe & I were heading to the Drive In later that afternoon. After about 30 mins of ice & whining, I was ok. We saw "Night at the Museum 2". It was good! FYI, we now get facebook updates from the Montana Drive-In so we know what's coming up. Exciting isn't it? ha! How the little things thrill me! :P

I did run my finger tips across the tibia bone to see if I could feel soreness. The shin didn't hurt at all while running but I felt some soreness Sat night/Sunday that's not really there today, Monday. What that means, who knows...? June 30th I get another X-Ray. On Sunday, my ankle was pretty swollen. I iced it more & took some ibuprophen. It wasn't black n' blue like I thought it might look, though. I managed to walk down & back up the steep, gravel drive to the Waggoner's boat dock on Sunday with no problem. It's safe to say I do NOT need to pay a visit to a doctor, thank God.

So, how did I fall off the front porch steps? Well, I was running my mouth, had my feet turned sideways on the front step, looking at the cute pooches next door, & my right foot just rocked off sideways & I hit the side walk. I think I scared the neighbors to death who happened to be sitting in their front yard.

Today I managed 65 slow minutes on the elliptical, some crunches, & arm weights. I feel good, rested, ready for another 4 day week. The 1 hr spin class in the am should be interesting....

Oh & congrats to Jill who won the 40-44 age group & to Paul S. who won the 25-29 age group today at the GJCC tri. You guys rock!

3 comments:

Jill Ann said...

Thank you for the recognition!! Still sinking in that I actually earned it...wow.

Sure hope the ankle gets better. See you in T-homa in just a few short weeks at the MTenn!! (Well, probably see you after that, I mean.)

I Am Woody said...

Take it easy on that ankle, girl! Sprains are incredibly hard to heal. As apparently is a fractured shin! Don't overdo - you don't want to end up in a cast like me!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your ankle is better now! Take it easy...