Sunday, October 23, 2011

2 weekends away....time to play some Sinatra "New York, New York"

35 degrees Saturday morning...gloves, long sleeve 'boro 1/2 shirt, & moving comfort shirt underneath.
I have to say, I love my compression socks year round but especially when it's cold.  I cannot even tell you the last time my calves were even the slightest bit tight. I heart my CEP socks!  We ran almost every hill in our 'hood Saturday morning. I did 12.25 & Joe (circling me) did 13.1.  My pace was 9:49 & Joe's was 8:50. ha!  Overall, I kept it comfortable & kept the IT Band in check. I'm not feeling near as sore today as I did last Sunday after the 'boro 1/2 + 3 mi last Saturday. I totally forgot to take any tylenol Saturday morning but that's ok. I will remember it in NY.

Even though I've just about worn it out & it has some bike grease on the tail of it, I am now leaning towards my neon green saucony singlet for NY.  It's thin, long in the back, & if I choose to ditch it on the course, it won't be any big loss.  I've more than got my $ worth out of that singlet. Now where to put the bib?  As most of you know, the timing device is in the bibs at most of these bigger races. You're not supposed to bend the bib. I've been notorious in the past for pinning bibs on the waist band of my shorts. Sometimes this has caused the bib to get beaten up a bit. I could pin it to the fuel belt but again it hangs so low that it could get bent. If I lose the shirt & it's on the shirt, I'll be stopping to pin it somewhere else. Ugh, what to do?  Getting back to the shirt issue, anyone ever noticed how much thicker Brooks shirts are over Asics & Saucony?  I cannot wear Brooks shirts much unless it's really cold out. I ran in my "Run Chicken Run 10k" Brooks shirt from last year this morning & even though it was only 3.25 miles, I almost pulled that thing off. They're really good for layering under other stuff when it's cold outside & your at LP Field. ha! 

12.25 fairly hilly miles  9:49 pace: Saturday morning

Mile 1: 9:49
Mile 2: 10:01
Mile 3: 9:30
Mile 4: 9:24
Mile 5: 9:24
Mile 6: 9:37
Mile 7: 9:45
Mile 8: 9:55
Mile 9: 9:39
Mile 10: 10:25
Mile 11: 10:12
Mile 12: 9:59
.25 up hill to the cul de sac: 10:27

Today: Sunday

3.25 easy miles at a 9:47 pace, stretched BIG time, & P90X ab ripped.

Beautiful weekend here.
Great afternoon for the village Halloween party/costume contest.  :-)
Joe's going in a Titans uniform so I doubt he'll win.  ;-P

No comments: