Saturday, October 29, 2011

8.2 cold, somewhat hilly miles in the 'chester....

I put on my IT Band strap, patella band, my planned race day outfit, stopped my whining, & ran with Kim C. in Manchester.  She said she'd map out something fairly flat. I wouldn't call it totally flat by no means. There were some hills. ha! Anyway, we chatted the entire time (except on this one uphill near the Bonarroo area). We finished 8.2 miles at a 10:12 pace & I felt GREAT the entire way. The IT Band never bothered me once. My left hip was a little achey but nothing to write home about. I kept my form in check, kept it slow, & turned on the "cruise control".  Totally enjoyed it. It was 36 degrees & I rewarded myself with a low fat vanilla latte at Starbucks. ;-) 
I made sure to drive through the base to see the fall colors...so beautiful. Gorgeous day for a run.

Afterwards, I managed to trip mom's security system, scare the pee out of her cockatiel, Rocky, check out the new Dunham's store, get a haircuit/eye brows done, visit my buddy Ted, & do some shopping.  Whew!
When I got home, Joe & I walked to "Mysteries & More" bookstore & to "Sushime" in our 'hood for dinner. (No, we don't eat sushi but we love their teriyaki chicken)  A very productive Saturday. 
Tomorrow, I've got a check list of things to start packing. I can't believe it's staring us in the face. Seems like yesterday we were doing the Ragnar Relay. It's been a year! Where did this year go?! 

No comments: