From what I can see, the 'boro half pics of me are the worst ever...
I look like I'm about 30 lbs heavier than I am first of all.
I promise, I've NOT gained one pound.
I think it's the shirt I was wearing. It's a medium saucony singlet & probably too big.
At one point the shirt rolled up under my fuel belt, which I'm sure looked "pretty". NOT!
The moving comfort shorts are very stretchy & a medium. LOVE THEM!
Guessing I probably should have just ran with no shirt like I've done most of the year! ha!
And the hair...sweated flat to my head. Bleh!
I usually try to avoid cameras at these things even if it means ducking behind someone.
I NEVER look good in them....ever....
Joe looked ok, though. ha!
Did 5 miles this morning with more hills at a 9:35 pace.
It felt just a tinsy bit colder this morning than yesterday but I still went out with just a long sleeve tech shirt & no gloves. I can acclimate to the cold WAY better than I can to the heat/humidity.
I did eat part of a sandwich last night. I literally had to make myself.
I'm just not hungry for much when I get home but I'm starving in the mornings.
This weekend, I'm going for 12 with hills on Saturday & 3.5 miles recovery (flat) on Sunday.
I should have right at 30 miles for this week which is what I planned.
During the peak of this training, I hit 38.5 miles on two different weeks. (2 weeks apart)
I feel ok other than the left hip issues. I'm stretching the tee total crap out of the left IT Band & hip.
My last run will be a 4 miler the Wednesday morning before we leave for NYC. Hopefully, 3 days of NO running will help regroup my body by that Sunday morning. I, of course, will be stretching & walking while there. Overall what would I have done differently, probably some "speed work" of some kind. I think I did the best I could coming back from the tibia stress fracture & the late December toe surgery. Like I've said in previous posts, this won't be a PR but it shouldn't be my worst. If it's anything, it will be the "time of my life". :-)
What's happening after the marathon?
For some reason, I can't wait to start some P90X after this marathon.
I'm sure that feeling won't last long, though. ha!
Possibly the 10k Turkey Trot in Detroit Thanksgiving Day.
And definitely the "Santa Hustle 1/2" mid-Dec.
No comments:
Post a Comment