I don't eat anything before I head out to run at 5:00am or even later during the week.
On the weekends, I do eat a little something, usually a peanut butter & jelly sandwich or a "bonk breaker" bar. (plus the enduralyte pills before & during the run)
Here I am this morning, sleepy, sluggish, & running just plain slow thinking to myself. "That bowl of organic cereal last night really didn't stick to me overnight." I have got to do better with what I eat at night if I'm going to run before work. After work, I've got plenty of energy from eating all day. Switching the runs to the afternoons might be an option but I SO enjoy not having any traffic, dogs, kids, etc..around me.
It's so quiet & for the most part, all I see are people walking dogs off in the park areas & other zombie runners. So, what to do, what to do.....??? Maybe just compromise by doing at least one afternoon run in the winter & a few runs in the mornings. We shall see how that pans out.
This morning before I went out all I heard on the news was how cold it was...I stuck my head out to see if I needed gloves. NOPE! I barely needed my long sleeve tech shirt (courtesy of the extra long 'boro half).
Yes, it was a bit windy but by mile 2 of my sluggish 5 miles, I was sweating. It was around 46 degrees for pete's sake, not 26. ;-P This morning was 5 miles with some hills at a 9:32 pace.
This afternoon, I'll ab rip & stretch. Extra attention to the IT Band & hips!
No comments:
Post a Comment