I've managed to do over 2 hours of yoga this week (over an hour on Sunday & over an hour on Monday). I hope this helps my body stay loose for 22 miles on Saturday morning. I'm eating lots of healthy carbs to prepare for Saturday's long run. I started with last night's dinner with the club at Amico's….spaghetti with tomato sauce & garlic bread. YUM!
The run club seems to be growing leaps & bounds. Of course residents are starting to complain about our Wednesday night runs much like the East Nashville club gets their complaints. My take on it is that we're probably forcing some folks speeding through neighborhoods to actually do the speed limit home. LOL! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know new faces with all kinds of paces. (how's that for an accidental rhyme?)
I ended up with 9:58 miles broken up into two different runs yesterday. So, I guess you could say I had a "2 a day Wednesday". ;-P The first run I was supposed to start with Jayson L. (he's going to NOLA, too) but he got held up at work late & then forgot his gear. I ran flat & easy 4.36 miles at a 9:03 pace then I joined Leanne, Blake, & Andrea for 5.22 at an easier pace of 9:25. The reasoning behind me not pushing the pace on day I would normally do tempo is to give my body a break this week. I did speed work on Monday, took Tuesday off, & ran 9.58 miles slow yesterday. Today & tomorrow I'm doing a mini – taper in order to prepare for Saturday. I want to start & finish that 22 miler strong. Other than the cold temperature, this is like a dress rehearsal almost. I won't be wearing what I'm wearing in the race but that's ok. I've run long in tights & shorts so that's no issue. This is more about getting the food in me & staying on a steady, even pace. I can't believe the marathon is a month out as of today.
Today I'm getting my "spin" on at the gym & rolling/stretching out the IT Band. Tomorrow is a rest day, of course.
Please check out Michelle's blog. She finished her first marathon in Chicago last year & is looking to go sub 2 hrs in a half marathon this year. She's also got some great recipes to share.
She tagged me to answer some questions & to tag 11 other bloggers. Sorry, Michelle...I'm doing good to just post my work outs here. ;-(
1 comment:
No need to be sorry! Thanks for the shout out...xoxo
Post a Comment