We met our ever faithful & always early Saturday morning running partner, Traci, & took off from the Shoney's at LP Field. We ran to the back of the stadium & out to Shelby Park.
The plan was 6.5 out & 6.5 back then circle LP for the rest of the 15. Overall, I felt good. I wanted to go under marathon pace for this run to test the tensor muscle & to see how I would feel overall. It was 7:27am per my garmin & 32 degrees. I would LOVE for it to be 32 degrees in New Orleans for the marathon but that isn't going to happen. I can wish for it, though. ;-P
The last 4 miles I felt my glutes tighten up a bit. I've been hitting the glute strengthening exercises this week. I will not do that the days leading up the marathon.
8:46 is obviously not the pace we'll be doing in NOLA but I felt the need to blow some dust off my legs on a long run. It still bothers me a bit that we didn't get the planned 18 in last week & had to settle for 10 but it is what it is....
I'm hopeful & if this first try at getting a Boston Qualifying time happens, I will feel so lucky! I plan to give it everything I have unless we wake up to abnormally hot/humid weather. We've practiced everything with the food & I'll admit, I'm damn tired of the gus & probably won't look at one for a while once this race is behind us. Overall I'm pleased with today's run, though. My miles 1-9 were so even. I don't think I've ever run that even paced for that long!
Our run club was at the Frostbite half & from the sounds of it they had a great time. Can't wait to hear about it this week.
15 miles - 2:11:40 - 8:46 pace (per my garmin)
Mi 1: 8:39
Mi 2: 8:39
Mi 3: 8:30
Mi 4: 8:38
Mi 5: 8:37
Mi 6: 8:36
Mi 7: 8:39
Mi 8: 8:37
Mi 9: 8:39
Mi 10: 8:46
Mi 11: 9:07
Mi 12: 8:45
Mi 13: 9:20 (hill coming out of Shelby)
Mi 14: 9:02
Mi 15: 9:07 (Joe's garmin read 8:59 for this mile....weird! He had me at an 8:45 pace overall)
No comments:
Post a Comment